seven

I wasn't really sure what to wear to the party at first, considering I've never been to one before. My choices were very restricted since I didn't have a great range of clothes so I call to Pinterest for some help.

After hours of scrolling, it reaches eight and I'm dressed in a pair of blue skinny jeans and a white shirt that I had tied a knot at the front. I throw on a denim jacket and put my phone in my pocket before going down to the taxi I had order that was waiting outside.

The drive to Cherry's house wasn't as long as I expected and I thank the driver before I pay and get out. The house was full of students and a few people were passed out on her front drive.

I pull my jacket tighter over myself as I approach the open, front door and peek inside. I see Cherry's strawberry blonde hair bouncing around the place as she tries to control some rogue people running around and I step inside, the atmosphere warm and reeking of alcohol and weed.

I scrunch my nose up at the smell, already regretting coming and I was about to turn and leave before I feel a hand grab my attention. I turn to see Cherry stood there with a smile.

"So glad you came!" Cherry says, pulling me in to the kitchen and pours me a drink of beer before shoving it into my hand. "Drink up!"

I hesitantly take a small sip of the beer and the taste was strange but I liked it a little bit. I take another sip and witness Cherry shouting at someone who was puking down her kitchen sink.

I laugh at her before downing the rest of my drink and getting myself another one. Some pop music played throughout the house and people gathered in the living room, dancing and screaming the words. Some people made out on the sofa while I kept to myself in the kitchen. I didn't realise how many people I didn't know.

"If it isn't Jamie, all by herself—as usual," a voice calls out from behind me as I get my third beer of the night. I turn around and match the voice to a face.

"Nice to see you too," the alcohol had gotten to my system and I felt a boost of confidence as I stand there with a red cup in my hand, taking a sip.

"Why are you here?" He asks and I knew he was being passive aggressive. I roll my eyes at him, before taking a gulp of my drink again.

He strolls over, pushing me to the side slightly and pouring himself a cup of water. I pretend to not notice that he wasn't drinking alcohol.

"And here you are, ignoring me again," Brad mutters as he looks over to me and I sigh, looking away and out to the kitchen door. "I don't even get what I did wrong."

"You were rude to me," I reply. "And you judged me because my house was big. I didn't like it, you should've kept your nose out of my business."

"Sorry, I didn't know I had to abide by a spoilt rat's business," he snarls out and I clench my jaw before putting my drink to the side and walking out of the kitchen.

I'm thankful when he doesn't follow me, because I didn't want to see him or talk to him for the rest of the night.

+

The rest of the night, Cherry kept me company most of the night and I had a few more beers. She stopped me from drinking anymore so that I could actually walk out of her house when I decide to leave. She had disappeared to help some people throw up the contents of their stomachs.

It was early in the morning and most people were still here, one of them being Brad. He had been staring at me all night, I felt his eyes burning into me. Whenever I looked over to him, he would continue to look over at me for a moment before turning to the girl in his arms that was trying to kiss him, hug him, but he wasn't interested.