seventy two

"Wake up," Brad says as he walks into my room the next day. I groan, rolling over and burying my head into my pillow.

"Go away," I mumble, clenching my eyes shut. I hear his heavy footsteps as he approaches closer.

"Come on, babe, you have to wake up," he chuckles and I hear the sound of a mug being set down on my bedside table.

The mattress dips as he sits on it and I roll over and face him. He smiles at me, taking ahold of my hand softly.

"We've got ten minutes before we need to leave, otherwise we'll be late," Brad says, bringing my hand that he held in his, up to his lips and kisses my knuckles gently.

I sigh, nodding and getting up off of the bed. Today, Brad was accompanying me while I shop and find a wedding dress.

He leaves the room while I get dressed into some casual clothes and I put my hair into a high ponytail since it doesn't want to cooperate and stop frizzing out everywhere today.

"Aiden texted me," Brad says once I reach the kitchen. I roll my eyes at the mention of my fiancé's name.

Since I left him in the storage room yesterday, I haven't heard from him. I'm grateful since I'm still annoyed at him.

It would be hypocritical for me to be annoyed at him because he was making out with Luna, since all I want to do is kiss Brad—however, I've always reminded myself not to because I'm meant to be engaged to Aiden.

So I'm annoyed Aiden because every time Brad and I have hung out, he's always made sure that Brad and I know our boundaries—what we can and can't do together. And now he's forgotten everything he's ever said and decided to make out with Luna in a storage room at a public event.

"What did he say?" I ask Brad, grabbing a bottle of water from my fridge and taking a gulp from it.

"Just told me the appointment time and that he's going to join us at some point," Brad says and I roll my eyes. Of course he'd want to join us, keeping an eye on me no doubt. "The fitting isn't until one."

"So why did you wake me up at so early?" I scrunch my eyebrows together as I glance at the clock. It's half ten.

"I thought we should get some food while we're out," Brad smiles. "If you want to?

"Sounds like a plan."

He grabs my hand and tugs me closer to him, his hands then resting on my waist. I smile, rubbing my nose against his gently.

"We should go now," he says. "I don't want us to be late."

I agree and before I can grab my jacket, he presses his hand against my cheek and slowly brings his face up to mine. Our lips slowly move together and my stomach feels like it's on fire. No matter how many times he kisses me, it always feels just as amazing as the first time.

He pulls away, biting on my bottom lip gently before releasing it. "Let's go."

"Okay," I say breathlessly.

It had been so long since I'd felt his lips against mine and I suddenly craved them again, just like a drug.

It was like a relapse; I'd not kissed him since we had the huge argument and finally became friends again. Ever since then, I'd been so used to not kissing him that I could control myself from kissing him (not that I wanted to).

I follow him down to my car after I'd said bye to my dad who was upstairs in bed. I haven't seen him properly in so long and I remind myself mentally to hang out with him when I'm done dress fitting.