epilogue

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐝'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Falling in love is weird.

I mean, the concept itself isn't weird. I get that people fall in love, they want to help the love of their life with everything that they can give.

However, the feeling when it's actually happening, though, is weird. It's like being high or something, and it mostly feels amazing and electric. I don't know a feeling that beats it.

The girl that I used to strongly dislike—not hate, I don't think I've ever hated her—became my friend and I slowly found myself feeling overprotective when it came to her. If she got hurt, I would be hurt too. If she was upset, I'm upset too.

So falling in love with Jamie was totally unprecedented but I wasn't complaining when I finally realised that I did, in fact, love her.

I can remember the day that she came over to my house to clean up my cuts. The way she tried to care of me was so adorable and the way she stuck out her tongue when she concentrated made my heart skip a beat or two. Her thinking face is cute.

I loved when we were laying together on my sofa afterwards, it just felt right. I loved how warm she was against my cold touch and the way her eyes concentrated on the film until I spoke to her.

The first time I kissed her was the feeling of taking drugs, like I was at a high I could never come down from. The moment my lips tasted hers, I never wanted to go without the feeling again.

It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, which contrasts the tough exterior I try to maintain constantly.

However, with the euphoric feeling of love, there's also the heartbreak and pain that comes along with it.

I was never angry at Jamie, not entirely. Even if I tried, my growing love for her just overpowered the anger. It was always Aiden I was angry at since he was the one who took her away from me.

When the words slipped out of her perfect, porcelain mouth that she was marrying Aiden, two thoughts slipped into my head.

The first thought was my primal instinct, to rip his head off of his body. The images of Aiden kissing my beautiful Jamie made my blood boil and my vision turn red.

My second thought was to get Jamie out of the room, out of that house, out of the city we lived in. I wanted to take her away before she could marry that scumbag.

Instead, I went two months without speaking to her properly. The only time we saw each other was when she caught me making out with Frankie at a party.

Frankie wasn't a great kisser. She's probably one of the worst kissers I've ever had the displeasure of kissing. But she was enough to take my mind off of Jamie for a few moments.

That's until she walked into us making out and I was reminded of why I was so destroyed.

Her face was the first thing I saw, the heartbreak etched across her features. That's when I realised she didn't love Aiden, and there's something more going on between the stupid engagement than I thought.

Did I speak to her? Did I try and resolve things? No, I decided, instead, to follow Frankie down the hallway and have sex, get drunk and call Jamie up afterwards, shitfaced. Not one of my brightest ideas.

But love always brings two people back together if what you feel is shared. My dad told me, 'if you love her enough, let her go and she'll eventually come back to you.' I'm glad I listened to him for once.

Now I have the luxury of looking at my newly wedded wife, three years later as we sit on a sandy beach in Barbados on our honeymoon.

"You're okay?" I ask, looking down at her. Her face was flawless, a few pimples scattered across her skin but it was still flawless to me.

She was concentrated on the waves that calmly splash by her feet, but she still answers me. "I'm fine, babe. Are you okay?"

"Definitely," I assure her, smiling and wrapping my arm tighter over her shoulder. It was only our second day here but she already was tanning quite dark.

"Do you think that Trent is okay?" She asks curiously, glancing up at me with curious eyes.

Trent was our two year old son.

When she found out she was pregnant, she was over the moon and I was possibly more happy than she was. She started going on about how we should buy a house and decorate the room together. Of course I agreed and we did exactly that.

As the course of her pregnancy went on, she began to doubt becoming a mother because she felt like she was too young to be having a child. I told her that it's fine, and she doesn't need to worry. She found my words calming and reassuring and now we have a son. Trent James Simpson.

"He'll be fine," I promise her, kissing atop of her head. "He's probably convinced Connor to give him way too much ice cream, but he'll be fine."

"I hope Connor's handling him okay," she smiles at the thought. Out of all of our friends, Connor was the most mature and capable of looking after our child and we trusted him for the week that we're away.

I held her right hand, playing with the wedding ring that sat comfortably on her finger. She chose it out for me, and I chose out the wedding ring that I was going to wear.

The waves reach her toes and she brings her legs up slightly, looking up at me and kissing my lips gently.

My stomach does backflips at the warm, fuzzy feeling and I bring her closer to me. She smelt like cherries and I loved the taste of mint on her lips.

I pull away first, kissing her lips lightly before speaking. "I love you."

Her cheeks flush red, something that still happens very often when I compliment her or when we make out. It was adorable to see her so flustered and mildly embarrassed.

"I love you more, Brad."

I smile at her. She truly is the embodiment of perfect. "And I love you most."

Falling in love with Jamie was unprecedented, but one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

thank you for the amazing support on this story, it means a whole freaking lot! still confused why you guys like my writing wtf lol

if you wanna read more books, I have more written such as the bet, daddy issues, the roommate, in my element and more.

also omg I have a book called cupid pls check it out it's gr8 and there's like a few chapters up already wiG

thank you so so much forever and always,
love jess

(AND ABBY I LOVE U ALL TOO)