seventy five

Brad lifts my arms into the holes of his t-shirt, despite my protests that I can dress myself. He ignored me and continued to dress me anyway.

"There we go," he smiles at me before kissing my lips softly. "You're all clean, now."

"Thanks," I say, my cheeks flushing red and he wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"You look really beautiful, by the way," he says and I notice the glow on his skin. It wouldn't surprise me if I looked the same.

Smiling, I brush his damp hair off of his forehead, pushing it back. We had both showered together, which took a while since Brad kept stealing kisses and trying to help me wash myself, but it was just his excuse to have his hands all over me. I didn't mind, not in the slightest.

"You too," I rub my nose against his, wrapping my arms over his shoulders and bringing his lips to mine gently. I savour the feeling of his lips.

His hands move from my waist, down to the bottom of my thighs and lifting me up so that my legs wrap around his hips. I let out a small giggle as he decorates my face with his lips.

"I just can't get enough of you," he mumbles through his kisses and I move my face away, a grin on my face. "You're just amazing, I know that you're who I want to spend my life with."

I kiss his lips gently. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," he says, his lips lingering over mine for a moment before he carries me to my bed and lays me under the sheets. He joins me promptly.

I wrap my arms around his torso, resting my head on his chest with a smile on my face. I was so content just being in the same presence as him, he made me feel so comfortable.

"Jamie?" He asks softly. I shift my head so that I'm looking up at him, silently telling him to continue. "I want you to be my girlfriend."

My heart skips a beat at his words, almost taking a double take.

I should've seen it coming, the fact we were going to become official wouldn't take long, I just didn't know when it would happen, but now felt like a good time.

A grin spreads across my face. "I'd love to be your girlfriend."

His shoulders relax in relief and his hands move to my cheeks, pulling my face up for a kiss. I can't help how I smile as our lips move and my cheeks hurt from grinning so much.

"I love you," he says between kisses and I crawl onto his lap, wrapping my arms around his shoulders and pulling his face as close to me as I can.

He pulls away, biting on my lower lip as his face moves from mine. He presses another brief kiss to my lips.

"I love you, too," I promise him, letting him hold me close as he leans against the headboard of my bed.

We end up making out for a little longer before we decide its time to go to sleep. I climb under the sheets and snuggle up to him with a grin practically engraved onto my face at this point.

The lights are off and I could barely make out the outline of Brad's hair as we lay facing each other. His hand is resting comfortably on my waist as we remain close to each other.

"Jamie?" He whispers out as I feel my eyes begin to grow heavy.

"Yeah?" I whisper back, one of my hands running through his hair as I anticipate what he's going to say next.

"I just wanted you to know I love you, even though I've already told you," he says.

"And you know I love you, too."

"But I love you the most," he says defiantly. "I love you so much that I don't know how I'd survive with you in my life. You've just made me into a better person, a better friend. You're a blessing in disguise, Jamie."

My heart swells at his sweet words and I almost want to cry. He was so charming, so genuine, that it was heartwarming. I don't know how I manage to even breathe properly around him half of the time.

"You're really too good for me," I say honestly. "I'm so lucky to have you, I don't think I could've asked for someone more perfect. You're not just any guy, you notice the small things that probably matter more than the bigger things. You notice my small habits and my favourite things to do. You know how to treat me properly. And I want to do the same back with you because I know you deserve as much love as you give out to everyone else. I want you to realise how important you are to me and how much I truly care for you. Because you're perfect in your own, unique way, Brad."

"You're gonna make me cry, Jamie," he chuckles, his voice sounding hoarse.

I would never have thought that this man laying in front of me is the same boy I met at the start of the school year. I would never have thought he was the same boy with anger problems and ADHD. I would never have thought that he was in a gang, that he had the power to take so many people's lives for his work.

This man was loving and caring and I know that he deserves the world and more.

"Jamie, I want you to marry me."

I'm taken aback by his statement, surprised. My heart flutters at the sudden thought of marrying Brad.

"I wanna buy you a ring," he says. "Make it official that we are getting married. We can stay engaged for however long you want, forever for all I care."

A grin stretches onto my lips. "Only if I can buy you an engagement ring, too."

He pulls me closer and my hands drape over his shoulders. "That sounds perfect to me."

His lips kiss mine softly, passionately. My hands gently move into his hair, tugging lightly at his curls as our lips morph together perfectly.

Marrying Brad sounded like we rushed into things, considering only a matter of ten minutes ago, he asked me to be his girlfriend.

In reality, we have been in love for what felt like an eternity and we found our soulmates. Sooner rather than later, we'd end up getting married. Why not put a ring on it sooner?

There had been so many obstacles in the way of Brad and I officially being together, so many things stopping us from being happy, that I know that if I don't take the big steps with him now, something could happen that could separate us again. That's the last thing that I want.

He hums in content, pulling away slowly before pecking my lips once more. "Okay, we actually need to sleep now."

"That's fine with me," I say, the grin never leaving my lips as I rest against his chest. "Goodnight, Brad."

"Goodnight, fiancée."

edited.