11

Daniel couldn't believe how fast the school year had gone by. He felt like it was the first week of school still, sadly it was the last.

He was scared to start 8th grade. Every year it seemed like they lost at least one friend. Last year being Christina.

"Hey, Dani" Jack waved to him. Daniel waved back. They both gave each other a bone-crushing hug. They were sitting in math waiting for everyone else to show up.

Corbyn walked in and placed his things at his desk. "Why are you both blushing?" He asked looking at them weirdly.

"I'm not what do you mean," Jack said covering his face. Corbyn raised his eyebrow. He could tell something happened between the two.

Kennedy walked in with tears running down her cheeks. The boys quickly jumped up and ran to her. "What happened?" Jack asked putting his hands on her biceps.

"James" Jack looked like he was going to kill him. "What did he do?" Jack spat out.

"He was trying to beat me up, he kicked me a few times in the stomach. He got Zach pretty bad. Jonah is fighting him and I'm so scared I hate it when he fights" Kennedy let out in one breath. By now the class was filled up with people. The teacher was talking so Jack couldn't leave.

He kept a mental note to kill James. Kennedy sat at her table with Daniel and Corbyn. They both kept giving her worried looks. Her crying had almost stopped but her stomach and back were on fire.

"You okay ken?" Daniel asked noticing she hadn't started the work yet.

She nodded. "Yeah it just hurts" she pointed to her torso. She leaned back in the chair and winced in pain.

"Kennedy Rose, Daniel Seavey, Corbyn Besson and Jack Avery to the office please" the intercom announced. They all looked at each other worried. What if Jonah was suspended? What if Zach had to go to the hospital?

They all walked out of the classroom and down the hall silently. They walked into the office and sat down until they were called into a room.

"Do you think it's about James?" Kennedy asked twirling her thumbs together.

"Yeah probably," Jack said clenching his jaw. He wanted to kill James. He hurt his friends.

"Daniel, Kennedy, Jack, and Corbyn come to my office," Mr. Sterling said with a stern look. They all nodded and walked into the office. They all sat down and waited for him to talk.

"So what happened with James Comey?" He asked looking at Kennedy.

"He tried to beat me up but Zach stepped in the way. He got hurt pretty badly. Jonah came running down the hall and started punching James. I ran off because I was scared" she said looking at the ground.

"And you didn't think to go get help?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. Kennedy shook her head no and shrunk back into her chair.

"Well, your friend Jonah is suspended along with James. Zach is in the hospital to make sure nothing is broken. The school nurse has offered you a ride to see him"

"Yeah I want to," Jack said instantly. The others all agreed.

~

They sat in the waiting room with Iva and Thea. Jonah was on his way. According to Iva Zach had been hurt way worse than what Kennedy thought. They had to call an ambulance to rush him to the hospital.

"God I want to smash his skull in!" Jack yelled pushing his fists together. Kennedy watched him with caution. He was freaking her out right now. For no reason at all, she had no reason to be scared of loud noise. It just scared her.

"Calm down your freaking her out," Daniel said pointing to Kennedy. Jack took a deep breath and sat down.

"Sorry" he mumbled to her. She gave him a reassuring smile. She knew he was stressed, all of them were.

"Is he okay?" A tired looking Jonah asked rushed.

"We don't know yet, you okay?" Thea asked rushing into his arms. A small smile appeared on his face. "I'm okay," Jonah said hugging Thea back.

Thea was always soft when it came to Jonah. She was always the strong one unless Jonah was involved or in any harm. Jonah felt the same way for her. If she was harmed in any way he felt way more protective.

"Zach Herron?" The nurse asked.

"Us that's us!" Iva said running up to the doors.

"Right this way"