12

The group ran into Zach's room. He was on the bed with a hospital gown covering his bruised body. He was hooked up to a heart monitor and fluids.

"Hey guys," Zach said in a raspy voice.

"How are you feeling bad?" Jack asked with a small smile. Zach shrugged his shoulders. He felt really sore mostly. It hurt to touch the bruises. He also had a broken wrist and a concussion.

"I'll be okay, they are finishing up and I can get this shit off and go" Zach raised his arms in the air showing wires.

Iva let out a small laugh and grabbed his hand. "Well, I'm glad your still yourself" Zach smiled and squeezed her hand back.

"Just date already!" Corbyn said after a moment of silence.

Zach gave him a death glare. "Take your own advice bud" Zach spat out emphasizing bud. Corbyn rolled his eyes and moved away from Kennedy. Jonah let out a loud laugh. Corbyn glared at him.

"Trust me I don't like Kennedy and I NEVER will," Corbyn said loudly. Kennedy sat awkwardly in the corner.  "Yeah yeah I agree, I wouldn't date him either," Kennedy said a little heartbroken.

Jack watched Kennedy with concern. He knew by the way her voice cracked that she already liked Corbyn. He just couldn't see it.

~

Zach was out of the hospital after a few hours. He ended up having a broken nose, broken wrist, a concussion, and bruises covering his broken body.

The group went out for ice cream. Luckily there was a parlor a few minutes walk away. Corbyn and Jonah helped Zach walk to the parlor.

They climbed into a booth. Daniel, Jonah, and Jack went to go order for everyone. They all wanted Chocolate except for Daniel who wanted strawberry.

"How are you feeling?" Corbyn asked Zach. Zach shrugged. His body still burned when he moved the wrong direction.

Kennedy sat awkwardly next to Corbyn. She was still a little hurt from what he had said. It scared her that she had caught feelings for him. He was a jerk to her half of the time they talked.

Thea noticed the tension between the two. "Hey Ken, let's help them" Kennedy nodded and moved out of the booth.

"Thanks" she mumbled to her friend. Thea nodded and grabbed a few cones. Kennedy did the same. The group walked over to the booth with Zach, Iva and, Corbyn.

Kennedy sat next to Thea this time. Which still sucked because she was across from Corbyn.

"So who wants to hang out tomorrow?" Corbyn asked looking at Kennedy. She shrugged and bit into her ice cream.

"Hey dumb ass it's ice cream, you lick not bite," Corbyn said rolling his eyes. Kennedy ignored him and kept eating her ice cream.

"No I can't tomorrow sorry," Kennedy said breaking the silence.

"Wasn't inviting you in the first place?" Corbyn remarked.

"Stop being a dick," Thea said glaring at him.

"It's fine Thea," Kennedy said quietly.

"No, it's fucking not! He's being an ass for no reason!" Thea yelled.

"I'm leaving," Kennedy said. Jack and Daniel got out of the booth so she could get out. "Fuck you Corbyn"