13

Thea covered her hands with the her sleeves. A cool breeze blew leafs across the street. Her nose was bright pink like the sun set.

"Thea! Mind if I join?" A voice called from behind her. She flipped around and ran right into Jonah. "Hey," Jonah laughed. Their chests touched. Jonah pulled back slightly.

"No I don't mind," Thea said blushing. Luckily the cool air had already made her cheeks rosy. Jonah smiled and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"So where are you going?" Jonah asked pushing her slightly. Thea gave him a small death glare.

"Home," she said.

"From where?" He asked.

"The park." Jonah nodded. Thea shivered slightly. Jonah noticed and took off his jacket. He wrapped it around her and gave her a small smile.

"What are yo-"

"You looked cold," Jonah interrupted. Thea blushed and wrapped the jacket around herself tighter.

"Thanks," she mumbled. Jonah shrugged.

~

The two ended up at the park near Thea's house. Thea climbed up the slide holding onto Jonah's jacket. Jonah climbed up the stairs and met her at the top.

The sun was almost behind the horizon. Thea leaned against the cold slide. Jonah hesitantly wrapped an arm around her shoulder. Thea smiled to herself.

"It's beautiful," she said looking up at Jonah. Jonah smiled down at her.

"Yeah you are," Jonah said with a goofy smile.

"Smooth, Marais," Thea said rolling her eyes jokingly. Jonah laughed and held her tighter. Thea blushed and looked at her feet.

"We're starting high school in 6 months," Jonah said looking into Thea's eyes. "I was wondering if you wanted to start it with me?"

Thea blushed. "You mean-"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Jonah asked shyly. Thea blushed.

"Yes," she smiled. Jonah smiled at her and hugged her tightly.

The two sat down on the playground. The sun had already set. Thea leaned her head onto Jonah's shoulder. Jonah smiled and rubbed up and down her arm.

~
A/N

So I speed things up a little.
They will be on summer break for a few chapters and then into high school.

With high school more drama and probably more people will be in the group.