18

* hey guys! It's me your very absent author! Sorry for the huge delay... but ya girl just had a baby. Please be mindful of that haha. Thank you so much for reading and continuing your support! **

"Welcome." My father smiled. When did he come back?

As he smiled I felt my stomach plunge. It was a very dreadful feeling.

"Come say hi to your in-laws." My dad waved me over as Ahmeds parents both smiled kindly with Ahmed next to them watching me carefully.

I wanted to jump at his throat.

"Hello." I forced a smile and swallowed despite the huge lump in my throat. I sat on the couch next to my mother who too was tense.

"We are discussing your marriage which will be soon!" My dad boasted and I felt the room spin. I didn't expect it to actaully go this far.

"How much?" I asked as I played with my hands.

My dad inched forward with a frown. "How much what?"

"How much time left until our marriage?" I couldn't look at any of them.

"A month!" My dad laughed. He was so excited to whisk me away.

I felt panic surge through me. A month!? That's not what was promised. I was told I didn't really have to go through with it if I didn't.

"Ok." I just stared at the plush carpet under my feet. I felt the world around me blur and colors mixing slowly.

"Yes, it will be amazing." Ahmed's dad chirped. "Very big extravagant wedding! Whatever you like!"

I'd like to nothing like that. I felt my eyes sting even more. "I need to use the restroom." I quickly got and rushed to the nearest one we had in the house and locked the door. My back slid against the closed door and hot silent tears gushed slowly.

*****

"I heard from Ahmed that you guys will be officially married in a month." Wafa said as we walked to the nearest coffee cafe. Apparently she needed something sweet to brighten up her day. Plus, We were just done with our classes and i honestly didn't want to go home.

My stomach turned. "Seems so."

She sighed. "That's strange how Ahmed suddenly wants to get married. Out of all my cousins he seemed the least likely to like the idea of marriage in the first place." Wafa was Ahmed's cousin?

I simply shrugged because I was numb to this whole thing. "I don't know."

*****

MURADS POV

I saw the glass cup wiz past me and slam against the wall.

I looked on to my mother who had disheveled hair and her suit a mess. She glared at my father.

Bad timing.

I heard them yell and scream vulgar things so this was normal.

"I'm leaving, so continue." I waved my hand off. As soon as I turned the corner I stopped in my tracks after I heard what my father whisper.

"You've divorced me because clearly you've been dating another man."

My eyes widened. They not only hated each other but my mom actually is cheating on my dad? I've always thought it was the other way around.

"He's so much better than you!" She suddenly spilled aloud.

"I shouldn't have ever trusted you." My father replied harshly. "With anything. Not our business, not my money, and not even my friend."