21

HANA :

I paced the room impatiently.

Back and forth continuously.

"Okay you're making me dizzy." Wafa stood up. "What is going on?"

Wafa was over at my house today for mostly school reasons but we didn't even up doing any because I was too busy crying and overthinking what Murad had said yesterday.

"I don't know what to do." I faltered. I threw myself on the couch. Was I going to start crying again. "How could he!" I kicked. "I'd rather him hate me then this!" I flung my arms everywhere.

Wafa sighed and came over to give me a hug. I always loved her hugs. They were so warm despite her being thin.

"Listen," she grabbed my face and made me focus on her, "we both know Murad is hiding something. Till we find that out I want you to keep calm and collected okay?" She said and I nodded. "Go take a shower and get some sleep."

I stood up. "You're right." I rubbed my face. "I'll do that and I'll call you later tonight."

Wafa nodded. "Okay I'm glad." She looked at me. "Don't do anything drastic."

I looked back at her. I knew she thought I was crazy. "I know."

******

WAFA

It was barely four p.m but I was exhausted. The sun shined directly on me.

It was so hot.

As soon as I opened the door to the house I found Annie who was the housekeeper. She began saying something but I was so exhausted that I quickly went up the stairs and walked into the study room.

It was a large room with book shelves and large windows that let the sun in so beautifully. There were magazines on the small coffee tables and pretty plants all over as well as paintings hung on the wall.

I threw my bag on the large table and threw myself on top of the large white couch that was there. I felt my back sink into the cushion. I let out a sigh as I stared into the high ceiling.

"Are you done?" Uriels voice ran shock waves through me and I quickly sat up. My hair was a mess.

I widened my eyes. "What are you doing here?" I gasped.

He glared at me. "The chem project is due tomorrow."

I stared at him trying to remember.

He all of a sudden  started to pack his backpack. "Forget it." He murmured. "I'll finish it at home."

"Wait wait." I called him back. "Sorry I forgot." His eyes met mine for a little bit. I'm not sure if we both forgot what had happened yesterday even though it wasn't the first weird incident. "Let's complete it."

What had started out as a fun year in school is suddenly becoming stressful. Who knew that my funny lab partner that I hated would end up becoming a guy that made my heart flutter, to my dismay.

"It's completely fine." He spoke calmly as if I didn't see the anger engulf his eyes.

I walked towards him. "We are finishing it and that's it."

*****

I stopped typing finally and sent the document to the printer. Finally the report was done on the experiment me and Uriel had conducted in class.

All we needed to do was present it which was fairly easy. I talk a lot so it will be a breeze.

Uriel sat next to me watching me finish up. I handed him the paper and our fingers suddenly touched. I quickly pulled away as he did too. The shock was almost too powerful.