24

I grabbed Murads hand and felt like I was complete to be quite honest.

I was hoping nobody saw us but at the same time, I was also scared if someone saw us.

As he always argued anyways so I thought nothing of it.dgt

I felt my hand get super sweaty because of how nervous I was.

"Don't be afraid." Murad whispered in my ear and I felt every hair on my body stand up from the exhilaration I felt.

Murad smirked when I flinched. "Sorry." He whispered again and I nodded lightly.

Murad no longer seemed like my childhood best friend. Rather he now was my dream man that was so close yet so far away. Who knew a dork like him would ever make me feel this way. It was honestly exhausting.

****

As the song ended me and Murad pulled away but I could go on forever.

"Thank you for dancing with my Hana." Murad smiled, showing off his bright white smile.

I nodded carefully.

Uriel looked at us like he wanted to kill us. Was that envy I see in his eyes?

He quickly glanced at Wafa who was not looking at him and was chatting with a friend.

Murad quickly grabbed Uriel's attention. "Wanna dance?" He cheekily asked Uriel.

Uriel scoffed. "Nope." He quickly walked past us and across the room to a bunch of really pretty girls who were sitting there drinking.

I watched carefully as he whispered in a girls ear who was the prettiest girl out of the group and quickly she nodded. He grabbed her hand and off they went to the dance floor.

I stood there baffled by how quick this guy could move. He could snatch a lady that easily as some of the other guys didn't even dare and stood to the sidelines. I even saw Murad break a sweat asking me to dance!

*******

WAFA:

As soon as I finished chatting I looked over my shoulder to see only Murad and Hana laughing and having a great conversation.

Nobody else was at our table, not even Uriel.

My eyes narrowed and I search the large ballroom and there he was dancing with a girl. He spun her around gracefully and then she fell in his arms like a puzzle piece.

I felt my chest get a little tight and my breath shorten. I looked away quickly and regained my self esteem.

WAFA YOU ARE NOT TO FEEL THIS WAY ABOUT A MEASLY MAN.

But as much as I tried to convince myself that I was not mad, it did not work.

I sighed. I'm the one pushing him away anyways. But it's because I don't want to lead him on. I was confused and so was my heart.

I quickly grabbed my bag and I could feel the steam of my breath as I strutted through the large dim cold hallway full of exquisite art and vases.

I didn't know where I was going but I was going away from Uriel. I can't fall madly in love with him. My dad would be so disappointed in me because he wants me to marry a powerful man who was also my religion. My father was a big important man in the business world and his little daughter who he has spoiled his whole life cannot fall in love with a madman like Uriel.

I was afraid someone who knew my dad was here. They can't see me with Uriel.

I wanted to recollect myself so I found the nearest room and I push down on the large door knob. I found nobody so I quickly went to the restroom it had and tried to fix my makeup.

Maybe that will calm me down.

But as soon as I reach for my lipstick, the door badges open and I jumped. I was careful not to make any noise as I realized it was two people who were trying to get it on.

I felt my face scowl. Ew.

"You're beautiful." A deep voice said and the hairs on my back stood up.

That voice was extremely familiar.

My stomach turned.

I put the lipstick away and hovered over the bathroom door. I couldn't help but listen.

"You think so?" A girls voice who was also very familiar spoke back.

"Yes." The familiar man hungrily said.

My eyes widened. I knew that voice.

I could pin point that voice anywhere.

AHMED.

*****
I zipped up my bag and pulled the door open. I wasn't going to wait until they were done because gross! But my heart broke knowing it was Ahmed who was screwing a girl.

Both of them screamed but I covered my face with my bag and ran out of the room. "Ahmed you're so dead!" I yelled as I left the room.

I could hear them shuffling to get their clothes back on but I was too traumatized to keep listening.

I ran with my eyes closed and bumped into Henry who was speaking to a guest.

No not you again.

"Wafa!" He pulled me in. "Father this the girl whom I'd love for you to see."

His father was old but he looked extremely well for his age. However I couldn't tell what he was saying because I am still thinking about Ahmed. I only smiled and nodded as I frantically searched the room for Hana. Instead  fierce fiery eyes met mine.

Uriel glared at me like I was the most evil person in the world. He chewed at his cheek and gave me a murderous look.

My stomach dropped. How did he manage to look absolutely stunning when mad like that. But however, I did tear my gaze away from his which was a mistake because he stood out of his chair and started making his way here.

This was a mess!

I wanted to scream!!

"Hey, sorry to interrupt but I have got to go. I have an emergency." I say apologetically to Henry and his dad. Before they can say much I tore Henry's hand off my back and started sprinting towards Hana and Murad but Uriel blinded my sight.

"Uriel I can't right now." I was finding it hard to breath so this idiot grabs my hand all of a sudden and suddenly my breath almost disappears. He pulls me to a hidden corner and grabs my face.

"Hey." His eyes met mine and suddenly I was much calmer. He grabbed both of my hands in his. "Why are you shaking?"

"I-" I stumbled over my words so I decided to try and be quiet.

"Was it Henry?" He gritted. "What did he do?" He was already looking for him.

"No!"

He looked back at me. His eyebrows furrowed. His Mexican side was showing. "Well what is it?"

"I saw Ahmed." I breathed.

"And?" He searched my eyes. "What?" His voice was getting worrisome as well.

"He's cheating on Hana."