Chapter 1: Think you're smart?

~Your Pov~

You were lying in the patch of grass underneath a tree just next to Grim Matchstick's tower, sighing of boredom. It's been about a week or two since Cuphead and Mugman defeated the Devil and King Dice, everything seemed so peaceful and happy.
Now, you had nothing against that. You were glad everyone didn't have to worry about fighting anymore, or the devil coming after them. But, after all of that, it seemed to take all the excitement of the isles away, and it just made things seem a little boring. You wished you had something more to do around the place, rather than just lie around and watch the sky.

You thought about seeing if Grim wanted to do anything, but you were feeling too lazy to shout up to him. Besides, he might be napping, or doing something else, and you didn't really feel like bothering him from that.

Djimmi was also an option. He would sometimes play games with you, but most of the time, he would never shut up about his magic abilities, and all of his treasure.

Baroness Von Bon Bon was okay sometimes. She'd often give you candy, but still warn you about getting cavities. But she would usually talk while playing with her head, or she took a long time putting her makeup on, so she was a bit annoying. Also, her shotgun terrified you a lot

Beppi was fun to play with, and made life a little more excited around here. He would teach you how to make balloon animals, let you ride his roller-coaster, and drive his bumper car around the place. But today you heard he was playing cards with someone for a joke book. So he was unavailable, too.

Wally Warbles would fly around with you and Grim sometimes, but you didn't feel like bothering Grim, and today Wally was teaching his son how to fly. So you couldn't do anything with him either.

Out of boredom, you got up and walked through The Die House over to Inkwell Isle three to see if there was anything interesting there, even though a lot of the residents there where always busy working on things.
You walked through, noticing that King Dice was not in The Die House, oddly enough. So, you just passed through with no problem.
As you walked onto the next island, you saw Captain Brineybeard and Cala Maria fighting like they usually do. You looked and saw Sally Stageplay watching them fight while snacking on food. You chuckled at the sight, but continued to walk through the isle.

You tried to sneak your way around, to avoid the sight of your parents' disgustingly large, expensive house. You hated the sight of it, and the people in it. That was the house of perfection. If you weren't 100% perfect, you would be forced to have someone "perfect you up". It was so infuriating. 
While being lost in your hateful thoughts, you hadn't noticed you had passed everything, and ended up at the entrance to Inkwell hell, where the Devil's casino was located. You stopped and stared at it, standing just before the words "Try Your Luck" that were in imprinted into the ground. You stared deep into the dark cave, wondering what could possibly be hidden in there.

"What are you thinking of?" A voice asked. You whipped your head around, startled a bit, but then you saw it was just the Blind Specter from the Phantom Express. "I was just wondering if people still go in there and gamble." you said, slightly lying . "I've seen a couple of people doing that." he said. "I've never seen them running out with a contract in hand, though." 'How can he see if he's blind?' You thought. "I guess that means they never agreed to betting their souls." you said with a shrug. "Which is good, because it means that the Devil isn't that persuasive anymore."

The Specter nodded. "Are you thinking of going in?" He asked. "I was for a second." you said. "It's just that I've never been in there before, and I'm a bit curious." "I wouldn't do that if I were you, kid." he said. "The Devil is never someone to be messed with." "I'll be careful." you said, slightly annoyed to have someone telling you what to do again. "If he mentions my soul, I'll leave immediately." "Good thinking." he said. "But, if you want my advice, I'd say not to go in there at all. That place is not meant for kids like you."
The Specter then flew back to the Phantom Express, leaving you be to make your decision. You blew some hair out of your face in annoyance of how he called you a kid. You weren't a kid, you were a young adult. You were even old enough to get a job if you wanted one. But, since you were homeless, getting a job would prove to be too difficult, since you would have trouble getting there on time. Especially during bad weather.
You stood there, tapping your foot for a moment, thinking about what to do.
You let out a sigh, thinking, 'What could possibly go wrong? I'm careful, and I'm smart enough to know not to bet my soul on anything ever.' Then you marched right into Inkwell Hell.