Chapter 15: Like you know

~Your Pov~

You and Jacob decided to spend the night together, seeing as you both were too scared to sleep alone that night after what the nightmare said and did to both of you.
Multiple times in the night, Jacob would wake up in the night and start crying. You knew he was having nightmares and just wanted all of this over. You would get up from the small couch you were sleeping on and go over to his bed to comfort him. You held him in a tight hug, whispering and rubbing his back to soothe him. 
"It's okay. Shh shh." you said as his tears dripping onto your pajama shirt. You and him decided to just stay up and read, while you waited for the sun to rise. You knew he wasn't going to be able to sleep anymore without nightmares. All of this was going to scar him for life. 

The next morning, you heard a lot of commotion coming from outside. "What's going on?" You asked. "I don't know." Jacob said, taking deep breaths and dabbing his face with a wet paper towel to clean up the tear stains. 
"Wait here, I'll go check it out." you said, getting up. "Be careful." he warned. You nodded and moved towards the door, opening it slowly. You snuck out the door, closing it quietly behind you, and tip toed towards the noise. You peeked around the corner of the stairs and saw the nightmare with several other people moving around. You then saw several people dressed super formally, including the nightmare. Your eyes widened when you realized that this was all for the wedding. 
You tried to sneak away before being spotted, but you weren't fast enough. The nightmare saw you. "(Y/n)!" She said, spreading her arms out. "Can you come down here for a quick minute?" You hesitated, but then jumped on the railing of the stairs and slid down to her. You knew she hated that, but she wouldn't do anything to you because there were so many people here. "Honey! You can't do that!" She said, putting her hands on her hips. "You could have fallen and gotten hurt." "Well, I didn't." you said, trying not to snap. "Where's Jacob?" She asked. "He's still sleeping." you lied. "Well can you go up there after this and wake him up?" She asked. You rolled your eyes, but said, "Sure. Now what do you want?" "I need you to pick out one of these dresses for the big day tomorrow." she said. 'Tomorrow?!' Your mind screamed. You shook your head, hoping she didn't see your eyes go wide. You stepped passed to avoid looking at her and looked at the dresses that were being displayed in front of you. "I have to try them on to see if they're comfortable." you said. "Alright, but first get out of your pajamas." she said. "We have guests, and you need to look presentable." You rolled your eyes and started to head up the stairs. "And tell Jacob to come down here and try out these tuxedos!" She called. You sighed heavily, and after you were out of her sight, you quickly raced back to your room, changed into your old clothes, ran back to Jacobs room, and quietly entered.

You looked to see he was sound asleep. You really didn't want to wake him up, since he barely had any sleep that night. But you knew if you didn't go downstairs with him, the nightmare would come up and roughly wake him up. You went up to him and gently rubbed his back, giving him a little shake. He stirred and slowly lifted his head. He looked up to see you with his half open eyes. "Your mom wants you to come downstairs to try on tuxedos for tomorrow." you said softly. He laid his head back down on the pillow, closing his eyes again. "Make her break one of her priceless vases and maybe I'll get up." he said, still sounding very tired. You snorted with laughter, and started giggling. "I would, but there's people out there, and you know she'll come up here to get you herself if you don't show up with me." you said, sitting down next to him. He moaned and buried his face deeper into the pillow. "But I was sleeping so nicely for once." he whined, making you giggle more. "She always picks the worst of times for things." "Tell me about it." you said, leaning on your hand. "Now get up. When we're done, you and me can hang out and do whatever we want in the backyard." 
He sighed in annoyance, but got up anyways. You got off his bed, and went outside his room to wait for him while he was getting dressed. 
After he came out, you and him raced each other through the hallway down to the grand hall, laughing like a pair of kids.