Chapter 20: Ease the Anger

~Your Pov~

You walked down into the cave of Inkwell Hell, and you started to smell a pretty foul smell. Like someone had relieved themselves right on the steps. You waved the smell away a bit, and pulled up your hood so people wouldn't recognize you. Just as you walked through the door, you felt like you were going to barf from the smell. You covered your nose, and coughed hard. Your eyes watered a little bit from the unimaginable stench. You looked up after managing to block out the smell with a bandanna you had in your back pocket. You tied it around your neck, and folded it over your nose and mouth. It still allowed you to breathe, but it thankfully blocked out the smell a bit so it didn't reek as much. 

You looked around and saw that literally everyone in the casino was smoking and drinking. The ashtrays were overflowing, people were passed out at the bar, and several people weren't even gambling, just flat out drunk or passed out at the tables. You couldn't believe it. The casino had really gone to hell after you were gone. The Devil had let himself go real badly, and you guessed he must've decided that nothing mattered if you weren't there. 
You looked up and saw King Dice sitting at the craps table, smoking a cigar. You walked up to him, trying to avoid the drunk gazes of the drunk patrons. 

You walked within six feet of him, thinking about what you were going to say. You could try gambling, but you were no good at craps. You sighed and walked away, approaching the poker tables. You sat at one of the empty tables and began shuffling the deck of cards. You got some looks from the staff. They were probably wondering why a person with a black hoodie and bandanna mask was in here, seeing how much bad news has spread about this place. 
You spread the cards around the table, placing the deck in the middle. You looked at your cards, smirking under the mask. You grabbed some poker chips from another table, placed them on your table, then placed a few in the center of the table as your bet. You sat there, waiting for someone else to come in and play with you.
To your surprise, Mr. Wheezy, Phear Lap, and Pirouetta sat down at the table. They looked at their cards, then at each other. Phear Lap shrugged, and placed some chips at the center of the table. 

Soon enough, the center of the table had a good amount of chips in the middle. Your table was gaining quite the attention, and it had only been seven minutes. All the other staff members were looking, wondering who was going to win. You looked at your opponents, grinning under your mask. The others set their cards down, revealing what they had. Mr. Wheezy had a full house, Phear Lap had a straight, and Pirouetta had four of a kind. You grinned and set your cards down. You had a royal flush, just like the first day you had gambled here. You took your earnings, stuffing the loot in your pockets. You got up, not wanting to gamble anymore, and began to head for the door. You felt a hand on your shoulder, and looked back to see it was King Dice. "Did you just reveal that you had a royal flush?" He said, sounding quite shocked. You blinked and nodded your head, turning to face him. "You seem like a pretty lucky player." he said, grinning. "Would you like to play for more? Who knows? You might even win the whole loot of this place." You softly sighed and said, "Tempting, but no thank you." He face went from his normal sleazy look, to sheer confusion. "Why not?" He asked. "First of all, because I know what you're trying to do." you said. "You're trying to raise my hopes up so the Devil will come out here and try to get me to sell my soul. Secondly, it smells like pure dukey in here. Seriously. Your ashtrays are overflowing, there's alcohol spilled all over the place, drunk and passed out patrons everywhere I can barely move. Seriously. Don't you guys ever clean?" 

Dice fidgeted his hands behind his back, looking at the other staff members for help. You were surprised he didn't recognize your voice, or gambling skills. "We used to have someone who cleaned for us." he said, avoiding eye contact with you. "She was kidnapped last week. And we don't know where she is." "Is that literally your excuse to not clean, Mr. King Dice?" You asked, raising a brow. "You all have the capability to clean this place yourselves. You're just being lazy. I can't imagine how disappointed your boss is in all of you." Dice just shrugged. "I guess we all kind of sank into a depression after she was taken." he said, making you lift both brows. "Our boss has really just let everything  go, not caring how things are in the casino. He rarely comes out of his office, and when he does, he just looks around at the place for a second, then goes back in his office."
You furrowed your brows and looked around the place. The staff looked completely out of it. They either had a bottle in hand, or a cigarette. You sighed and put your hand on Dice's shoulder. "Do you have any job openings?" You asked, making him raise his brows. "What?" He asked, seeing if he heard you right. "If you're not going to fix this place up, I might as well take the time out of my non-busy life and help this place get back to the way it was before." you clarified. "You want to work 'here'?" He asked. "In the Devil's Casino." You shrugged, but nodded. "I know it sounds crazy, but it's also crazy that a casino as popular as this is not even getting proper business." you said. "Let me have a talk to your boss. I'll see if I can get the job in place of that girl."