Chapter 25: Made for two

~Your Pov~

It had been about two weeks since you had went back to working at the casino as your fake identity. It took a while, but eventually they warmed up to you. You would get them to laugh whenever you saw them feeling down, by cracking a few jokes. The staff wasn't so down anymore, even though they still missed (y/n). Throughout those two weeks, you felt like you were dying on the inside having to continue lying about who you were. 
Your magic lessons with the Elder Kettle were coming along greatly, too. You were able to summon much bigger things now, and you had even began to summon more than one thing.
The first time you did that, it was an accident. You had thought about that time on the mainlands when you were with your with Jacob and Hailey, and you performed with those street performers. You had summoned two people, each holding instruments. They both smiled at you, and gave you a thumbs up. You looked at the Elder Kettle, and he gave you a big smile and an applause.
"Very well done, (y/n)!" He praised. "I didn't mean to summon four things at the same time." you said. "But wow... I guess I'm stronger than I thought." You let them fade away, this time without closing your eyes. "I think you're strong enough to practice on your own, now." The Elder Kettle said. "Really?!" You asked, excited. He nodded saying, "I would say you've mastered summoning faster than I've ever seen anyone else before. You don't need my help anymore. And if you ever want to learn anymore magic, I'm available anytime." You hugged him tightly, thanking him over and over. 
After that, you headed home. It was still pretty light out, as the sun wasn't far set. You decided practice your magic by summoning s few things. Then you were reminded that you summoned people. 'Could I summon people to play to play music with me?' You thought. You closed your eyes and focused on bringing two magicians next to you. When you opened your eyes, you saw someone with an keyboard, and someone with a guitar next to you. Both were semi transparent, and had a slight blue outline around them and their instruments. You smiled, and they smiled back. "Will you guys perform with me?" You asked. They smiled wider, and nodded happily. You guessed that they couldn't talk, but that was fine. "Great!" You chirped. "Let's head to the third isle and perform there." They nodded, and you watched them change into small orbs. You figured they wouldn't really be able to move their instruments with them. 

The three of you headed to Inkwell isle three, and set up in the little space by the Phantom Express. The two orbs changed back to their semi transparent bodies with their instruments. You summoned a microphone and mic stand, and a few mini speakers. You connected the wires to the speakers, and then turned them on. "You guys ready?" You asked your buddies. they nodded happily. You smiled, and signaled to the guy with the keyboard to start. He seemed to know the song you had in mind, and started right up. You started to lightly dance to the music, then when your part came on, you sang with all your heart.

Feeling my way through the darkness
Guided by a beating heart
I can't tell where the journey will end
But I know where to start

You watched as people started to gather around, but you just kept on dancing and singing

They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream
Well life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes
Well that's fine by me

[2x]
So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself
And I didn't know I was lost

As the music chorus started, you signaled to the guitarist, and he started up as well
People watched in awe, some bobbing their heads along, a few starting to snap their fingers

I tried carrying the weight of the world
But I only have two hands
Hope I get the chance to travel the world
But I don't have any plans

Wish that I could stay forever this young
Not afraid to close my eyes
Life's a game made for everyone
And love is the prize

You swayed your hips, swishing your hair, having the time of your life. It's been so long since you played an instrument or sang something.

[2x]
So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself
And I didn't know I was lost