Chapter 13: On a feeling

~Devil Pov~

I wouldn't let anyone in the casino rest until (y/n) was found. We were all looking around, inside and out, for (y/n). I ran all around the outside, calling her name, turning every stone. I was frantic. Had she disobeyed me and went outside to see the person who had left her that note? Did they take her? Is she alive?! 
I couldn't take it anymore and I crumbled onto the steps of the casino, sobbing my eyes out. I could feel all the staff's eyes on me. I was not one to cry in public, but I didn't care anymore. I was so worried that I had lost the love of my life. I didn't want to believe that she was gone, but I couldn't find her anywhere and no one else could, either.

I felt someone place a hand on my shoulder and I whipped my head around, hoping it was (y/n). But to my dismay, it was just Dice. "Did... Did you find her?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer. Dice slowly shook his head. "I'm sorry, boss." he said. "We couldn't find her anywhere. She's gone." I turned my head away and continued to cry. I was so worried. I knew she wasn't dead, because her soul didn't come to me. But I knew she was in danger. Everyone on Inkwell Isle knew she was a great person and wanted to be her friend. Her only enemies were her brother and her mother, but I didn't know where they lived. I could only sit here and cry, and just hope with whatever soul I have that she will come back. 
I felt several pairs of arms wrap around me, and I looked to see that every staff member was hugging me. I was completely surprised. No one, except (y/n), had ever hugged me, so I was astonished to know that the people I treated like complete shit were here to comfort me. 
Yet, I felt a bit happier. I wrapped my arms back around them. "Thank you." I said. 

~Your Pov~

You don't know how long it's been since your brother injected you with that knock out drug, but when you woke up, you felt yourself on a comfortable bed. You sat up and looked around, and when you saw everything in the room, your heart pretty much stopped. You were in your old bedroom that was in your parents' house. You jumped out of bed, and saw that you were in a new pair of pajamas. Someone had redressed you. 
You scanned the room, and saw your old clothes next to a plate of food. You rushed over, put them on and then looked at the meal that was left for you. It was your favorite breakfast meal. Cinnamon rolls, and a blueberry muffin. You pushed the plate aside and saw a note. It was from your mother. 

Dear my precious (y/n),
When you are finished eating your delectable breakfast, made by our most perfect chef, I want you do come downstairs and meet me in the grand hall. 
Jacob will be there, too. 
I look forward to seeing your perfect face.

Love~
Mommy <3

You looked at the food. Your mouth watered at the sight, and you wanted to eat it so badly. But you knew you couldn't trust your mother with anything anymore. You took the contents on the plate and dumped them in the trash. You set the plate back where it was, and then left the room. You walked down the hallway until you saw the stairs. After approaching, you looked down and saw your mother yelling at your brother. He was hunching his shoulders, looking scared as ever, and when you saw him try to talk back, your mother slapped him clean across the cheek. You gasped loudly, remembering how you had slapped the Devil the night before. Was that the last thing you would ever do to him? Be mean? 

Your mother must have heard you gasp, because she turned around and saw you. "(Y/n)!" She said, spreading her arms out. "I have missed you so much! Come and give your mother a hug!" You slowly came down the steps and up to your mother, but you did not give her a hug. "Darling, I asked for a hug." she said, seeming a bit confused. "No, you didn't." you said, crossing your arms. "You demanded for a hug." Her eyebrows bent downwards, and she placed her hands on her hips. "Do you want a spank, young lady?" She asked, sounding angry. "What does it matter?" You said, looking away. "You're going to spank me either way, so I don't give a damn about what you do anymore." 
You received a hard slap across the face, and then you were pushed to the floor. "NO ONE speaks those words in MY house!!" She screeched. You sat up, and pressed your hand on the place she had hit. "Mom?" You heard Jacob say. "What?!" She snapped, making him flinch. "I-It's tea time." he said, shuffling his feet. "It is?" She asked, looking at her pocket watch. "Oh my, you're right. It is tea time. Well, both of you go get cleaned up, and I will see you when the tea is finished." Then she walked off towards the dining room.