Chapter 23: Magnified

~Your Pov~

The Elder Kettle taught you magic at a slow pace. You knew if you tried complex magic, like you had when you shot the Devil with his trident, you could get very hurt, and you could potentially damage your mind in the process. So, you started off with easier magic. He taught you how to form a glowing orb in your hands, which you felt like was a great accomplishment, despite how small it was. "I know it's not much, but you can build from it." he said. You took some deep breaths, moving the little orb around your palms, through your fingers, and up and down your arms. You brought it back to your hands, and the Elder Kettle hand you close your hands around it. "Clear your mind of everything else, and focus on the image of what you want to appear in your hand." he instructed. You took a deep breath, closing your eyes and clearing your mind. You pictured a ukulele. You wanted to try guitar, but you figured that that would be too much for you at the time. So you started off small, and formed a ukulele in your hands. 
When you opened your eyes again, you looked at saw a semi transparent, glowing ukulele. You were in awe at what you did and smiled at the Elder Kettle, who gave you a little applause. "Can I still play it?" You asked. "Or do I have to keep focus?" "You can play it." he said. "It will only go away when you want it to." You held it against your abdomen, and started to strum the strings. It sounded like a normal ukulele. You smiled brightly at the Elder Kettle. "How do I make it go away?" You asked. "Just imagine it going away." he instructed. You closed your eyes, and let the thought of it turning back into an orb run through your mind. When you opened your eyes again, you saw the orb floating above your palm again. You closed your hands around the orb for a few seconds, and opened them again to see the orb was gone.

"Well done, (y/n)." the Elder Kettle congratulated, standing up. "You learned how to use the  summoning spell." You stood up with him. "Thank you very much." you said, shaking his hand. "Make sure to come by everyday for practice." he said. "Everyday, we'll gradually summon something bigger. And soon enough, you'll be able so summon something as big as your friend, Grim." You chuckled and followed him towards the door. "Will I ever learn to summon more that one thing?" You asked. "Of course." he replied. "But that will also take time, and practice." "Okay. How much can I do before it's too much?" You asked. "Because I would like to practice when I'm not here." "It would be best if you practiced here, for now." he said. "If you practice out there and lose focus, something bad could happen." Your eyebrows raised in surprise. "Okay." you said. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow, then." You waved to him, and headed for home. 

After you woke up the next day, you noticed it was barely sunrise. You must have woken up super early. You thought about just heading to the casino and getting some early work done, but you must have completely forgotten what the Elder Kettle said, because you got the thought to practice your summoning skills. 
You cupped your hands, and summoned the small orb to them. You played with it, making it fly around your head and going up and down your arms. After a few minutes, you had it just float right in front of you. Your small smile slightly faded, and you looked in the direction of the casino. "I hope the Devil is doing okay." you said to yourself. Suddenly, your little orb started to shine brighter. You were startled, and reached out to grab it. But before you could touch it, it changed into something else. You saw it change into what seemed like a mirror, but instead of seeing yourself, you saw someone else. You looked harder, increasing your focus to make the mirror thing come in better. Then you saw who was on the other side. It was the Devil.
He was tossing and turning in his sleep, tears were streaming down his cheeks, and he looked like he was shouting. You gasped, and jumped up to dash towards the casino. But before you took off, you saw that the mirror was still there. You took some deep breaths, and held out your hands. The mirror became an orb again and flew into your hands. You closed them over it, and it disappeared when you opened them again. Then you proceeded to race to the casino.