Chapter 18: The Way That We Did

~Your Pov~

After the whole ceremony, you, Jacob, and your new sister, Hailey, go to the dinner party. You laughed as she stuffed cake into Jacob's face. He just smiled and kissed her, causing you to roll your eyes and looked away. The party was a lot of fun. Dancing, eating, singing. But afterwards, when you saw the deep love that the two were in, it made your heart hurt, and your smile slowly disappear. Sure, you were happy for the two of them, but you just now realized how much you were missing the Devil. You walked away, and headed outside. You leaned against the side of the building where the party was being held, taking some deep breaths and looking out at the sun setting.

"Something bothering you, little sis?" A voice asked. You looked over to see Jacob standing there. You just shrugged and said, "I guess I'm just not feeling too good right now." He averted his gaze, then came out and leaned on the wall with you. "Are you feeling like a sickness in your stomach?" He asked, surprising you. "A tightness in your chest, your breathing feels slightly shaky, and you feel like you want to cry?" "How did you..?" You tried to ask, but then you realized how he knew. "Yeah. I miss him." He nodded. "I know how that feels." he said. "I've been feeling it for years before tonight." You slowly nodded. "I just don't know how to go back." you said. "I mean I can't just walk in, can I?" "Probably not." he said. "I feel like that would send him into emotional shock, despite him being the Devil. It would probably be best for you to gradually come back to him. Giving him hints until he catches on." 

You looked away, sighing. Not entirely sure of what to do. There was a long pause, then Jacob spoke up. "You know, I actually managed to find your real parent's house." he said, grabbing your immediate attention. "What?" You asked, stunned. "I tracked down the history of birth over the years you were gone, and found out where they lived." he said. "It has been cleaned, and people have moved into it. I managed to buy everything that your parents had back for you." You were in complete surprise, and you had no idea what to say. "Jacob.." you tried to say, but the words were lost in your throat. "If you want, I can buy the house for you so you can live there again."  he said. "I'm also going to sell mom's house, and you can have as much of the money as you want." Your eyes began filling with tears, then you ran up and wrapped your arms around your older brother. "Thank you." you choked out, sobbing into his shoulder. He smiled and hugged you back.

After getting all of your emotions back, and your big brother comforting you, you managed to calm down and look him in the eyes. "I really appreciate everything you did for me. I really do." you said. "But, I don't think that I should take my old house back. I'm sure that the current people there need it more than me." "Alright, little sis." he said, ruffling your hair and making you giggle. "Knock it off you, old jug head." you said, pushing him. "Seems you two are getting along, again." a voice said. You and Jacob looked to see Hailey standing in the doorway. You let go of your brother and walked up to her, giving her a hug as well. "I still love you too, big sister." you said, making her smile. "Thank you." she said. "For everything you did today. Even picking this amazing dress." You chuckled and gave her a slight shrug. "Even though I was sort of ruining that wedding, I knew I had to look nice." you said. 
"Anyways, (y/n), would you still like to take back your parents old stuff?" Jacob asked. You gave it some thought, and shook your head. "Until I actually get back to living in the casino, would you mind holding onto them until then?" You asked. He nodded and gave you a pat on the shoulder. "Wait, you live at the casino?" Hailey spoke up. "As in... the Devil's Casino?" You raised your eyebrows, remembering that she didn't know about your relationship with the Devil. "Uhm..." you tried to say. Jacob walked up next to her and took her hands. "It's okay, sweetheart." he said, trying to make sure she didn't freak out. "Alright, but can I still ask why you live there?" She asked you. You lowered your head, took a deep breath, and hastily answered. "I... I... I'm in a relationship with the Devil." you said slowly.