cravings

Tom was gone, off in another country, doing press tours for Infinity Wars. It was part of his job, and you were used to it, but you didn't particularly like it. Especially now.

Tom disliked it even more this time around as well; he kept saying he didn't want to miss anything, and he didn't want to leave you by yourself. Even though you wanted him to stay, you told him to go. "Tom, you have to go. I'll be okay. Both of our families aren't too far. Plus, you'll be back so soon," you tried to reason with him.

It was true, he'd be back in only two weeks, telling his managers and cast-mates that he couldn't be away longer than two weeks. The two of you still hadn't really told anyone, so he was getting a lot of questions about it, but he refused to say anything about the situation.

Things were going a little bit more smoothly for you. It felt good that you had finally told your parents, and that they were supportive, and the morning sickness was starting to lift, even if just a little. Because you weren't constantly sick, you were finally starting to feel hungry, and you were craving things. Nothing too odd yet, though.

One night, as you were laying in bed watching TV, Tom facetimed you. You answered immediately, knowing that he would worry if you didn't, and you also just really missed having your best friend around. While Tom was gone, he had constantly been texting you, and he was either calling or facetiming you every day, if he had the time.

His face appeared on the screen as you answered, a wide smile on his lips, "Hey, Y/N/N."

You grinned back at him, carefully balancing your laptop on your legs and stomach, as you were laying down with your knees bent up. "Hello, Thomas. How is everything going?"

He ran his hand through his hair and leaned in closer to the camera, watching you intently, "It's fine. It's good to see everyone, but I wish I was home. I feel like I'm missing out on stuff, with you, with the baby..." He trailed off, a look of regret on his face.

You shook your head as you responded, your hand subconsciously moving to rub over your stomach a little at the mention of the baby, "Tom, it's okay. You're not missing anything. You'll be home within the next week. Nothing new has happened. Other than I'm not throwing up every second of the day."

Nodding his head, he gave you a small smile, "Okay, okay. You're right. Promise me you'll let me know if anything happens?"

"I promise," you said, holding your pinky up to the camera as if you were going to pinky swear with him. Tom did the same, and you let out a small laugh.

It was quiet for a moment as the two of you looked at each other, when your stomach growled loudly. Tom's eyebrows raised and then he laughed, "Was that your stomach?"

You nodded sheepishly with a smile, "Yes, I can't believe you heard that."

He laughed again, "Probably could've heard it even if we weren't facetiming. You should eat if you're hungry, love."

Groaning loudly, you shook your head, rubbing your hands over your face, "I haven't gotten groceries in a while, we don't have much, and what we do have, I don't want to eat."

Tom huffed at your excuse, "Well, what do you want to eat, dummy?"

Your shoulders shrugged, your stomach grumbling again, "Honestly, I could go for anything. Pizza. Chinese. A burger and milkshake." Tom didn't say anything, but he picked up his phone and was silent as you watched him. "Tom, what are you doing?"

He looked up finally, giving you a grin, "Just ordered you some food. It should be there soon. Already paid for."

Gasping, your eyes went wide. "Tom! You didn't have to do that. I would've been okay."

"Yes I did, you need to eat! It'll be there soon. Whatever you don't eat, just save it for later. We can get groceries when I get back, yeah?" You nodded in response to Tom, and he gave you a grin, "Okay, great. I have to go now, but I'll see you soon."

"Thank you so much, Tom. See you soon." A huge grin spread across your face as you both waved and then hung up.

A while later, all of the food showed up. Tom had ordered a little of everything that you'd mentioned. You sat in the kitchen at the island with the food spread out in front of you, and you took a picture of yourself smiling with all of the food next to you to send to Tom.

You sent him a text with the picture, "Baby and I say thanks. We're probably going to eat all of it."

He replied almost instantly, "No worries, love. Enjoy 😘"

-

When Tom was home less than a week later, he arrived with even more food, this time for the two of you to share. As he walked in, he held the take-out bags up, his eyes sparkling as he smiled, "Hungry?"