just a movie

You had always loved superhero movies, so when Tom became Spider-Man, it made the movies that much better. It made you so proud to see your best friend on the screen standing next to Iron Man, Captain America, all of the classic superheroes that you adored. Tom had wanted to take you to the premiere with him, but you couldn't make it because it was your last year of university, and you just couldn't miss any of that. So instead, Tom had promised he'd take you to see it in the theater once he returned from press tours and such. But then, of course, you found out you were pregnant, and everything had been a whirlwind since then.

So, you were finally, finally, getting to see it in the theaters with your best friend, Spider-Man himself. You'd heard lots of rumors about the movie, but you made it a point to stay away from all things Infinity War until you had seen the movie.

You had insisted on paying for the tickets and the popcorn, and Tom was reluctant, but he eventually let you. You and Tom sat next to each other, the popcorn between the two of you. Before the movie had even started, the two of you had managed to eat about a third of the bag.

The movie was intense, and you were stressed the entire time. You had your sleeves pulled over your fists, and your hands were over your mouth most of the time as you watched. Towards the end of the movie, you were beginning to see that things were not going to go the heroes' way, and you feared the worst was coming.

Your hormones had been getting the best of you, lately, and you started to tear up as you watched some of the characters be killed, while the others faded away. Tom was watching you with a smile, slightly amused at how emotional you were getting over the movie. As Spider-Man and Iron Man showed up on the screen again, you had an idea of what would happen.

Spider-Man began to fade away in Iron Man's arms, and you just lost it. Tom was such a good actor, and the look on his face, and the pain in his voice as he faded away was so real. It broke your heart. Not to mention that you were seeing your best friend die on screen. It was too much. You began crying for real, and the tears wouldn't stop. It wasn't silent crying either, you were seconds away from ugly sobbing in the middle of the theater.

Not being able to handle it anymore, you quickly got up, running out of the theater. You stopped outside of the theater you were in, sitting on the ground with your back against the wall, your head in your hands.

Tom had been quick to follow you. He was now crouching beside you, his arms around your shoulders, pulling you closer to him. He lifted a hand to stroke your hair gently as he whispered softly in your ear, "Hey, hey. Shh, love. What's the matter?"

Wiping some of the tears away, you hiccuped as you spoke through the tears, looking up at him, "Y-you can't leave, Tom. I need you, I c-can't do this without you."

You felt incredibly embarrassed about the whole scene you'd just made, and you buried your face into his chest, bunching his shirt up into your fist. You knew this reaction was absolutely ridiculous, maybe a little insane, but you couldn't help it.

His hand slipped underneath your shirt, and he rubbed his hand up and down against your back slowly. He nuzzled his nose into your hair, murmuring softly, "I'm not going anywhere, Y/N. It's just a movie, I'm right here."

You nodded into his chest, taking a deep breath. "I'm sorry, I know this is ridiculous. It's just the hormones; I've been all over the place. I can't help it. And just, the thought of you dying-" you started choking up again.

Tom cut you off, a soft laugh coming from his lips as he knew it was because of the pregnancy, and he pulled you in even closer, "I know. No need to apologize. But I promise I'm not going anywhere, okay?"

You nodded and lifted your head to look at him, only to find that he was holding his pinky finger out to you. The gesture made you smile as you linked your pinky with his. You both leaned in to press a kiss to the others' finger. This was something the two of you had been doing forever, and you felt a little calmer.

You looked at each other for a moment, Tom's thumb reaching out to brush tears away from under your eyes. You glanced down at his shirt, noticing the mascara and tear stains on it where your face had been against his chest. Lifting a hand, you smoothed out his shirt gently, biting your lip, "I'm sorry I ruined your shirt, I'll get you a new one."

He turned your face to his carefully, "Please don't worry about it. It happens." Tom was running his fingers through your hair as he spoke.

You snorted and shook your head once, "I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen to most people, Tom."

He only smiled before he stood up and reached his hand out to you, helping you off of the floor. He pressed a kiss to your hair and took your hand in his as the two of you walked back to the car.