showing

From the morning that you had your mini meltdown about your clothes not fitting, you had started wearing more of Tom's shirts and sweatshirts, and you'd gotten some looser shirts and leggings to wear. It was just much easier that way. You could tell that you'd gained more weight, but you didn't think that your tummy had become visible yet.

One night, Tom had Harrison over to watch a game on the TV in the living room, so you were up in your room reading. Most of your clothes were waiting to be washed, and you felt too lazy to make a trip to Tom's room, so you were wearing one of your shirts that had been a little too big for you before you were pregnant, but it still fit well enough now.

Thirsty and hungry, you wandered downstairs to the kitchen to get something to drink, and a snack to bring upstairs. You passed through the living room, giving Harrison a wave and Tom a smile. Tom's eyes followed you to the kitchen. And after you'd gotten a bottle of water and made a bag of popcorn, you headed back up to your room. As you passed through the living room again, both Tom and Harrison's eyes were on you this time. It was as if they were inspecting you, and you gave them a confused look. Slowly making your way up the stairs, you could hear whispers coming from where the boys were, and then you heard a smack, followed by Harrison yelling out in pain. Idiots.

Not long later, you were laying in bed on your back with a book in your hands. Your bedroom door was open, and you could hear the front door close. You guessed that the game was probably over, and Harrison was now heading home. Moments later, out of the corner of your eye, you saw Tom's figure walk past the door, and then suddenly he was standing in your doorway, looking at you intently.

You finished reading the sentence you were on, and then tore your eyes away from the book to look to Tom. You raised an eyebrow, a giggle coming from your mouth, "Can I help you with something, Thomas Stanley?"

He just pointed towards you, as he fumbled over the words, "It's just- you have-" You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion, before shifting your gaze to where he was pointing.

At that moment, you noticed something that you just hadn't seen up until now. Your shirt had flattened against your stomach, and there was a bump. It wasn't a big one, but it was definitely a difference from before. If someone didn't know you were pregnant, they probably wouldn't be able to tell. But you could. And so could Tom.

As you looked at your stomach from where you were laying, you dropped your book to the floor, and then ran your hand over the small bump slowly. Tom walked in silently, watching your every movement as he sat down next to you on the edge of your bed. You slid your shirt up over your tummy slowly, sitting up so you could just take it off. Your skin had definitely started to stretch slightly as the baby was growing.

You leaned back onto your elbows so you were half sitting up, your legs stretched out. Tom lifted his hand and then paused, his eyes flitting to yours. You gave him a reassuring nod, "You can touch it, silly."

Tom breathed out softly as his warm hand came in contact with your skin and you smiled, watching him. His hand slid across the bump slowly; his actions made you wanted to cry at how gentle and hesitant he was being, it was so damn cute.

He looked up at you, your eyes meeting his, and the look in his eyes was one you'd never seen before. His warm brown eyes were filled with joy and all of the love in the world. His voice was soft, so soft you could barely hear it, "There's a baby in there. Our baby." You nodded as your eyes watered, your lips turning up into a smile. Clearly, you were still a mess with all of the hormones. But this was an amazing moment.

You scooted over to make room for Tom in the bed, motioning for him to get in next to you as you fully laid down again. Tom got in next to you, his arm resting against the pillow as he propped his head up in his hand. One of his legs moved between yours as he dared to get a little closer to you. His free hand drifted down to rest against your stomach once more.

You placed your smaller hand next to his bigger one on your tummy, your hands overlapping slightly, as it still wasn't a very big bump. You tilted your head up to look at Tom, a big grin on your face. Tom's reply was a smile just as big as yours.

Shifting yourself closer to him, you let your head rest against his shoulder. His thumb was moving back and forth across your bare skin, and your eyes started to close slowly. He pressed his lips to the top of your head in a light kiss, leaving them there for a few moments.

Suddenly, Tom's arm came away from his head as he struggled to grab his phone, not wanting to take his other hand off of the bump. You pressed your face even closer into his shoulder, a muffled groan coming out against his shirt, "Tom, what are you doing?"

You could hear the camera on his phone go off. He was taking a picture. "I have to save this moment forever, Y/N." You couldn't help but smile into his shoulder. "Also, I had to send a picture to Harrison. We thought we noticed the bump when you came downstairs, but we weren't sure."

Using your free hand, the one not on your stomach, you lightly hit his chest. "That's why the two of you were staring at me so strangely and arguing?"

He nodded, and you could feel his laughter through his chest, "Yes, I'm sorry. I didn't want to bother you." There was a pause before he spoke again, like he wasn't sure he was allowed to say it, "And I wanted this moment to be just us."

You could feel the blush creeping onto your cheeks, and you had a huge smile on your face, so you quickly pushed your face back into the crook of Tom's neck. Your free arm wrapped around his torso, and you closed eyes as he began to rub his thumb over your skin again.