guard dog

It was nice to finally be home from visiting Tom on set. It was nice to have your own bathroom and bed and a kitchen filled with all kind of junk for you to eat. On the way home, you'd picked up Tessa from his parent's house. They'd tried to insist that they could take care of Tessa, seeing as you were pregnant, but Tom would be home soon enough, and it always felt a little bit better to have another presence in the house. It took a while to get out of his family's house because they kept asking questions about how being on set had been, but as soon as you got Tessa in the car, she was all over you. She refused to sit still until you gave her some love.

Once home, Tessa wouldn't leave your side. She was on your heels as you made your way through the house, cleaning stuff up and putting everything you'd brought with away. You thought it was just because she had missed you and wanted some love, but she didn't go lay down even after you'd petted her and kissed her head a few times. Even after you were able to convince her to lay down, she followed you from room to room. It was like that the whole time while Tom was away; Tessa being extra protective of you any time she heard something outside, and especially when you took her out for walks. She was always alert, as if she was ready to attack at a moments notice.

When you'd left Tom, there were only about three weeks left of filming, and it was flying by. You missed him, but you knew he'd be home soon. And sure enough, it wasn't long until you heard the garage door open and the sound of the door opening. Just like she'd been, Tessa was standing at the door, ready just in case it was someone you didn't know. But when Tom walked in, Tessa relaxed a little and her tail wagged as she waited for Tom to pet her.

Tom dropped his bags on the floor and crouched down to pet Tessa, "Hey, Tess! How are my girls?"

You laughed as you watched from the couch, feeling too lazy to get up. Your feet were up on the coffee table, a blanket over your lap. Tom made his way over, leaning over the back of the couch to press a kiss to the top of your head. When his lips touched your head, Tessa let jumped onto the couch next to you, watching Tom carefully. You let out a laugh, tilting your head back so Tom could give you a real kiss, "Hey, Tommy, I missed you."

"Missed you, too, love. I'm glad to be home. What's up with Tess?" he asked, moving around so he could sit next to you on the couch. He shooed Tessa off of the couch, sitting next to you.

You shrugged, "Not sure, she's been on guard since I got back. She must be aware of baby Holland," you said, your hand rubbing across the swell of your stomach.

Tom let out a laugh as he scooted closer to you, his hand reaching out to slide across your shoulder. You could see Tess was alert, but you figured she wouldn't freak out. You were wrong, however, and Tessa jumped up, barking as one of Tom's hands went around your shoulders, the other resting on your stomach. You jumped away from Tom in surprise, your hand flying to your chest, "Tess!" Bending over the best you could with your stomach in the way, you pet Tessa to let her know that you were okay. She relaxed under your touch and you shook your head as Tom scoffed.

As Tom reached out to touch you once more, Tessa stood up, growling again a little. You huffed in annoyance, keeping one hand on Tessa to keep her calm as you inched your way into Tom's touch. This seemed to pacify Tessa, so you scooted over, leaning into Tom's side, letting Tessa come up onto the couch on your other side. It seemed as though you were touching Tessa in some way, she was okay. So you leaned into Tom's chest, letting Tessa lay against your foot. Tom rolled his eyes as he looked down the couch at Tessa.

"What the hell was that about, Tess?" he asked, frowning at his dog. He seemed a bit jealous; he was always Tessa's favorite, not you.

"That was so weird," you murmured, trying to twist your body a little to look up to your boyfriend. "Haven't had anyone over since I got home, she just must be on high alert."

Tom's arm curled around you, his fingers trailing over your stomach. "With me, though?" you laughed, shrugging a little as Tom continued, "At least I know she'll protect you and our little one," he laughed, stretching a little to press a kiss to your lips. You nodded, returning the favor as you pressed a kiss back to his lips.

Your hand reached up to thread into his hair, and Tom leaned down closer to you, causing Tessa to, once again, let out a low growling noise. With a loud sigh, you glanced up at Tom as he made Tessa get off of the couch, pointing across the room, "Get, Tess!" She hopped off of the couch, looking quite displeased, and padded across the hardwood flooring, laying down on her bed. She only stayed there a few minutes before coming to lay down next to the couch.

After exchanging a glance with Tom, he slipped out from underneath you, helping you to your feet. He was only steps behind you as the two of you made your way up the stairs to the bedroom, Tessa right behind Tom. You slipped into Tom's room, closing the door quickly behind the two of you, making sure the dog didn't wedge her way into the room.

A breathy laugh fell from your lips as you leaned forward into Tom's chest, his hands sliding down your back gently, "Finally just us."

Tom helped you into bed, his laugh echoing yours, his head shaking as he got in next to you, "No freak guard dog. At least we'll be safe, yeah?"