pranked

"We should prank him," Harry spoke up from the opposite end of the couch.

Your head turned to Tom's brother, furrowing your eyebrows together, "How? You know I'm not getting off of this couch."

The three of you, and Harrison, were just having a lazy day together. There was constantly a movie playing on the TV, even if the four of you weren't paying attention. The closer you got to your due date, the lazier you got, and the less you wanted to do things. And by this point, you were about two weeks away from your due date.

You were currently sat on the couch with Harry, feet kicked up on the coffee table, while Tom and Harrison were in the kitchen, getting some food for all of you. You genuinely didn't mind hanging out with the boys - they were all the entertainment you needed.

Harry shrugged his shoulders as he set his cup back on the coffee table, "We could, like, pretend you're going into labor. Just to see how he'd react."

The way he suggested it so nonchalantly made you laugh, but you shook your head quickly, "Harry, no! I don't want to do that to him."

He shrugged again, laughing, "No, c'mon, Y/N! It'll be funny! Then he'll be prepared for when it really happens."

Your eyes rolled, but you nodded. It was never hard to convince you to be in on a prank. Especially if the prank was on Tom. "Fine, fine! But we can't let it go on too long, he'll never talk to me again if we do," you relented with a laugh.

Harrison was the first to walk out of the kitchen a few minutes later, a few drinks in his hands, and he was the first to notice the way your face was twisted up and how you were bent over slightly, as if in pain. "Y/N, are you okay?" Harrison asked quickly, setting the drinks down on the coffee table.

Tom was right behind him and his eyes went wide at Harrison's words, "What- what's wrong? Is everything okay?"

Harry, who was sitting next to you now, with his hand on your back, looked up to his friend and brother, "I think she's gone into labor, Tom."

The bowl that Tom was holding in his hands fell to the floor, causing popcorn to go flying everywhere. Thankfully the bowl was only plastic, so it wasn't a huge mess, but Tom didn't seem to notice any of it. Words came tumbling out of his mouth in an incoherent jumble, "The baby...? But the baby's not supposed to come for, like, another week. I, uh, I- w-what do I- what do I do?"

"Don't you have to get the bag?" Harrison asked, his gaze switching back and forth between you and Tom. He was referring to the bag that you'd talked about packing a few times for when you had to go to the hospital.

"Oh!" The exclamation was practically a shout from Tom's mouth, and before you could stop him, he was bounding up the stairs two at a time.

The second your boyfriend was out of earshot, Harry began laughing hysterically. You felt a little bit bad, but it was so cute to see the way Tom reacted, and you couldn't help but laugh along with Harry. Harrison's face contorted in confusion as he stared at the two of you before he got was going on. "Are you serious? He's not gonna think it's funny." But it was only a matter of seconds until Harrison had joined in on the laughter.

When Tom came back down the stairs a minute later, he found the three of you still laughing. "What's going on?" He was still feeling a bit shocked, so it took a minute for the whole situation to register with him. "You're joking? The whole thing's a joke?"

Hoisting yourself off of the couch, you made your way to Tom, pulling him in for a hug. He didn't hug back as he pouted at you, sticking his bottom lip out as far as possible. Leaning up on your toes as best you could, you cupped his jaw in your hands, gently pulling him in closer. You placed several kisses all over his face, mumbling a quick 'I'm sorry' between each one until he gave in, wrapping his arms around you.

Pressing his face into the crook of your neck, he let out a groan, "I swear to god, every single emotion to exist ran through my body at once. Please don't do that again, love."

You giggled a little as your fingers ran through the hair at the nape of his neck, "I'm sorry, baby. I love you." Pulling back a little, you pressed a kiss to Tom's lips. "And anyway," you started, turning to point at Tom's brother, "Harry made me do it."

-

About a week later, you woke up to a strange feeling in your stomach. It felt a lot like cramps... just more intense. It didn't take you long to figure out that you were in labor, even if it was just the beginning stages. Tom was gone at his last meeting before taking time off for a few months, so you didn't want to bother him since he told you that he'd be home by midday, and the contractions were irregular and fairly minor, anyway.

Through the smaller contractions, you were able to get the stuff that you needed ready. You had your hospital bag ready, and all you had to do was wait for Tom to get home. However, as noon passed, Tom still wasn't home, and the contractions were getting a bit more intense.

Thankfully, a little bit later you heard the door open and close. You were so glad that Tom was home, but you knew he wouldn't be happy to find you in the position you were. You were currently standing in the kitchen, fingers gripping the countertop as you tried to breathe through one of the stronger contractions you'd had so far.

Tom had started talking before he came into the kitchen, "Hey, love, I'm home! Sorry it took longer than I thought. How are y-" He stopped himself short at the sight of you leaning over the kitchen counter for support, your jaw clenched tightly. "What's wrong?" was the only thing he could get out as he rushed over to you, his hands on your back.

Gritting your teeth, you slowly let out the last breath you were holding as the current contraction came to an end. Uncurling your fingers from the counter you stood up again slowly, looking up at your boyfriend, "I'm in labor, Tom."

Tom's eyes went wide, and just like when you'd pranked him with Harry, all of his words came out in a jumble, "Wh-what? Are you- are you serious? You... you're not pranking me this time, right?"

Your head shook quickly as you tried to regulate your breathing again, "I'm serious, I've been having contractions since I woke up." You could see Tom's mouth open in protest to ask why you hadn't called, but you placed your hand on his chest and continued speaking, "I didn't call because it was your last meeting before taking a bunch of time off. And the contractions were pretty much nothing... until shortly before you got home. They're getting stronger now, and they're more frequent, so we should probably go to the hospital."

"Y-yeah, okay," Tom nodded, still obviously in some shock at what was happening. "I'll- I'll go get the bag!"

But before he could run off, you grabbed Tom's hand in yours, pointing to the bag sitting on the floor near the doorway. "I got it ready earlier," you explained. "Can you call our families, please, Tommy? I didn't want to do it before we went to the hospital."

Tom's brows furrowed together as he helped you to the door to get your shoes on, "Of course, baby. But- Jesus, Y/N, how are you so calm right now?"