Ice Skates & Guitar Strings

My hands were shaking as I held the paper up and read through my words one last time. I wanted to make sure everything I wanted to say was down; otherwise I’d have to start over. This shouldn’t be such a big deal, I’ve written many letters before; so why should this one matter?
            Because it’s the only one that matters. 
            “Elsa?” My sister knocked on my door, breaking me free from my trance before my tears could spill once more. I looked up and smiled at her, despite hearing the odds only moments ago. She returned the favour by wiping her tear stained cheeks and giving me one of her heartwarming grins.
            “Hey, how are you doing?” I asked her as she walked over to my side.
            “Says the one in the hospital bed.” She tried to make a joke as she took the empty seat by my bed. “I should be asking you that question.”
            “Well, I’m getting annoyed. The monitors around me keep on beeping and it’s really irritating.” I admitted as I folded up the piece of parchment and shoved it in an envelope. Anna chuckled.
            “Well unlike you I love the monitors, the beeping means you’re still alive.” She pointed out.
            “I guess so, but honestly I think I’m going to go insane if I don’t get out of here soon.” I sighed as I leaned into the pillows. Random thoughts began to flow in my head; like how the heck is everyone taking this so harshly? I mean I’m the one who’s sick, why am I the one who’s not crying?
            “Where is he?” Anna’s voice interrupted my thoughts. I felt a small laugh escape me thinking about what he’s most likely doing right now.
            “He’s letting off some steam.” I answered. “Why do you think everything here’s still in one piece?”
            “You let him go out alone?” she asked. “Is that really such a good idea?”
            “I know what he needs Anna. And after hearing my possible outcomes… Just give him time to cool down and then he’ll be back.” I answered.
            “Hopefully not when mom and dad are around.”
            “I know, but we can’t stop it if it happens.” I sighed. My sister slumped in her chair and pinched the bridge of her nose, signaling she was deep in thought; most likely thinking about the possible outcomes of their interaction. The first time wasn’t pretty, who knows what will happen this time.
            “Hey, could you do me a favour?” I asked.
            “Yeah, anything.” Anna replied as she sat up straight. I sat up and handed her the envelope.
            “Could you, um, give that to him? Not now or anytime soon, but when it’s the right time.” I requested.
            “And by right time you mean…?” she trailed off, but I nodded knowing that she knew when in particular.
            “Yeah, or give it back to me when I ask for it.” I added.
            “Of course.” She nodded. “I’ll keep this safe. I promise.” I smiled and looked down at the blank envelope.
            “Wait, I have to write the name.” I said as I clicked open my pen. She handed me back the envelope and I began to engrave his name on the surface. It was a name that I never knew would change my life; the name that will forever be in the memories of my loved ones; the name of the man who hold my heart in his hands.
             Jack Frost.

A/N: Hey guys! So this is the start of my second Jelsa fic. It's just the prologue, I know it's short but there's more coming. Hopefully you'll like this fic just as much as Beware His Frozen Heart. If you haven't read that fic yet, well i suggest you do. :) Tel me what you think so far, even though nothing happened. Hopefully i'll post again soon, but we'll see considering i have a jam packed schedule for the next few weeks -______- Anywho Luv ya! Happy Reading ;)