Chapter 10- Studying and Soundtracks

“Elsa?” Hiccup’s voice called.

    “Yeah.” I yawned. 

    “Just making sure you’re still in there. You didn’t take any notes for the entire lecture. I’m assuming you were daydreaming.” He said as we walked out of the lecture hall.

    “Well can you blame me? Weaseltown’s voice is so irritating and dull at the same time.”

    “True, but you must’ve been thinking about something really important is you phased out of Freud’s theory of the conscious and unconscious mind.”

    “I missed Freud? Crap, that’s one of my favourite psychological theories.” 

    “I know, you told me before. Are you okay Elsa?” he asked.

    “I’m fine, I just didn’t get much sleep last night.” I admitted.

    “Doing something fun I imagine.” Yes, it was definitely fun.

    “Hey guys!” Merida greeted zooming by on her longboard. 

    “Hey Mer.” We greeted as she hopped off.

    “Don’t you have a class to attend to Haddock?” she teased.

    “Just wanted to make sure Ms. Arendelle arrived safely.” He played. “Sorry to keep you Ms. DunBroch.”

    “Oh hush now. We wouldn’t want to be late and neither do you.” She said to him as she took my wrist and stated dragging me to class.

    “We’ll see you later.” I called to him. He waved goodbye and walked towards the other direction to his next class. 

    “Well he’s looking mighty fine without his glasses on.” Merida remarked.

    “You think so?”

    “You don’t? He looks like a different person when he wears his contacts.” She pointed out. “I could’ve sworn I saw a few girls blush when he walked by them, but they looked down when they saw the braid in his hair.”

    “Didn’t Astrid do that a few days ago?” 

    “Yep. I think it’s weird he still has it.”

    “Well, I guess she’s marking her territory. And I think it’s cute that he hasn’t taken it out yet.”

    “Fine, fine; but you should know if I get a man, I would never do that to him.”

    “Good to know.” I giggled as we stepped into our lecture room. We walked all the way up the rows. I’ve grown used to sitting in a seat not at the front, I can actually see everything from the upper rows.

    “So did you do anything last night?” I asked Merida once we settled.

    “Not really; just practised at the range, had take-out and watched movies with Rapunzel.” She said.

    “The question is, what were you doing last night?” she smirked making me stop writing.

    “Netflix and studying while eating delivery; the usual.” I lied.

    “Really?”

    “Yeah.”

    “So what did you have? A Panagio’s Banquet burger? Or pizza?” My boy went cold at the name of Panagio’s.

    “I-“ I didn’t know what to say.”

    “You don’t have to lie Elsa.” She laughed. “I saw you there, you sat by the window.”