Chapter 6- Vodka Cranberries

“Hey! Glad you guys could make it!” some jockey greeted. “Who’s this?”
            “Marcus, you know Elsa.” Rick introduced as he took red cups from the counter and handed one to me and Theresa. Marcus looked at me up and down, as if he was undressing me with his eyes.
            “Well, this is a surprise.” He chuckled pulling me into a hug. “It’s good to see you Elsa.”
            “You too.” I replied even though I’ve never seen him before in my life.
            “Well you have a good time then.” He winked before leaving us be; I kept smiling until he was nowhere to be seen.
            “We’ve been here for 30 seconds and that’s the second guy to hit on you.” Theresa said taking a sip of her drink.
            “Yeah, can’t they just leave me alone?” I growled.
            “Because they’re dicks who think they can get someone as good as you.” She reasoned putting an arm around me and walking out of the kitchen. The bass of the speakers blared throughout the crowded house. People were dancing, grinding, and getting wasted in the backyard. I saw Rick do a keg stand by the pool; based on the level of cheering I’d say he went for a long time. 
            “You’re into keg stands Elsa?” Theresa asked.
              “No, but clearly Rick is.” I said watching him go a second time.
            “Are you thinking about trying it?” she teased.
            “No!”
            “Why not? You can do a handstand can’t you?”
            That doesn’t necessarily mean I want to do it.”
            “Fine.” She gave up. “Come with me then.” She took my hand and began dragging me outside.
            “Where are we going?”
            “The bigger drink table is always outside.” She explained opening the door. The fresh air blasted in my face and followed her to the table afraid of what would happen if I was left alone. 
            “Want one Elsa?”
            “What is it?”
            “Vodka cranberry.” She handed me the drink before I could say no. Knowing she wouldn’t let it go it I didn’t drink, I took a sip. I just tasted juice that burns when you swallow it. 
            “Want another?” Theresa giggled.
            “I’m still working on this one.” I held up my cup.
            “Elsa, you just chugged the whole thing.” She tapped my now empty cup. 
“Oh yeah, one more please.” I smiled. Just as Theresa handed me a drink; I felt an arm snake around my waist.
“Take it easy Elsa, the night’s just getting started.” Rick chuckled in my ear.
“Says the one who just did two keg stands.”
“I’m a tank.” He defended. “I can hold my liquor better than everyone.”
“Beer isn’t heavy you ass!” Theresa chimed in. “And Elsa, slow down.” I didn’t even realize I was chugging cup number three already. I could feel the warmth spread through my body and my mind start to loosen up.
“Sorry. This is really good.” I said putting my empty cup down and Theresa shoved another one in my hand.
“Come on! Let’s dance!” she exclaimed dragging me back into the house. I have no clue how long I was moving my body, or who I was moving it with. All I know is I wasn’t drinking alcohol, rather I was drinking liquid confidence. 
******************
            “Finally you guys made it!” Astrid smiled as we walked up to the pub.
            “Sorry. Feisty pants here couldn’t get off of the ice.” Kristoff teased.
            “Says you!” she fired back. As the group began to greet each other, Hiccup came up to me.
            “Hey you.”
            “Hey you.” I hugged him and he hugged me back without question.
            “I didn’t know you were coming.”
            “Well I just wanted to give it a try.” I admitted. “But sadly I don’t have a date.”
            “That’s okay.” Merida said out of nowhere. “You can be mine.” She wrapped her arm around my shoulder and gave Hiccup a nice hello.
            “So is everybody here?” I asked.
            “Yeah, Quinn and Julian are inside already.” Hiccup answered.
            “Who?”
            “Oh right! You haven’t met Q and Jul.” Merida recalled. “ They’re some old friends. You’ll… love them.”
            “What does that mean?” I asked. Hiccup and Merida shared a glare, trying to hide their laugh.
            “You’ll see soon.” Hiccup chuckled.
            “You guys coming in to eat? Or are you gonna stay here and keep talking?” Astrid cooed behind her boyfriend.
            “We’re coming mi’lady.” He called.
            “Let’s go, I’m starving.” Merida said leading us into the pub.
            “What’s good here?” I asked.
            “Don’t know, this is my first time.” She shrugged opening the door.
******************
            “Mer!” a girl’s voice exclaimed just before she tackled her into a hug.
            “Hey Q.” she greeted back. This girl, I’ve never seen before. She had long brown hair that went down to her waist, which meant it was extremely long considering she was a few inches shy of 6 feet. She must have a great life being tall, fit and beautiful.
            “Who is this?” she asked when she turned to me.
            “This is Elsa.” Merida introduced. “Elsa, meet Quinn.”
            “Call me Q.” she said pulling me into an unexpected hug. I only hugged her back to be polite.
            “Is my girlfriend cheating on me?” a guy’s voice asked. “Or what’s happening here?” Q broke the embrace to talk to the guy behind me.
            “Oh shut it Jul.” she teased. “It only counts as cheating on you if I kiss the other person.” I turned around to find a pretty attractive guy with brown hair and deep blue eyes; not as striking as Jack’s but defiantly noticeable… did I just compare this guy to Jack?
            “Who’s this?” he asked once he turned his attention to me.
            “Meet Elsa.” Merida introduced.
            “My wife.” Q added. Jul, I think his name was, pretended to look hurt, but then relaxed and stuck his hand out.
            “I’m Julian.” He smiled. “Your wife’s boyfriend of three years.” Q stuck out her tongue and just put her arm around my shoulders. Even though I had just met these people, I didn’t feel awkward with them. Maybe it’s just the way they are.
            “Shall we feast and drink this night away?” Q asked us.
            “We shall.” Merida agreed as she led us to where everyone else was sitting. Everybody was already sitting down, making the four of us take the edge of the row of tables we had reserved. I was thankful Merida sat to my right and Astrid sat to my left so I wasn’t with total strangers. That thought made me wonder.
            “How do you two know everybody?” I asked Q and Julian.
            “I knew Merida through archery class.” She answered. “Ew, I’ve known you for 10 years.”
            “And I’m still better than you.” Merida challenged.
            “Hey now, we haven’t had an official ruling over that yet.” The two started bickering leaving me to talk to Julian who sat directly in front of me.
            “How about you?” I asked.
            “That’s a long story.”
            “We’ve got time to kill before we order food and actually eat it.” I pointed out.
            “Well that’s true.” He agreed shifting in his seat. “I’ve known Astrid since before puberty. She was my fencing partner until we were 10, then I became her martial arts partner when we were 14 after her old one left.” He answered.
            “Did you know Hiccup too?”
            “No. She was pretty good at keeping her school life, activity life and personal life all separate. I think I found out about Hiccup a few months after they started dating.”
            “Wow. So you guys go way back.”
            “Yeah, I guess you could say that.” He shrugged. “The question is, how do you know everyone?”
            “Anna’s my sister. I met Hiccup in one of my classes, and Rapunzel is actually my cousin.”
            “See you have more connection than I do, yet you only came out today.” He smirked.
            “Well I like being productive.” I defended. “I’m done majority of my assignments for this semester.” Before Julian could make a comment, Punzie called us out.
            “Hey nerds! Let’s order so we can still do stuff later.”
*********************
            “Oh god I’m full to my eyes.” Merida groaned just as Q belched.
            “”Not surprising since you ate more than I did.” Julian smirked.
            “It’s not my fault I was born with an abnormally high metabolism. Plus I have a tournament tomorrow.”
            “Yeah, but did you have to eat three burgers, 25 wings, half a pizza and refill how many pints?” he asked.
            “Only five.” She said sipping her sixth.
            “Jesus Mer.” Q giggled. “I think you beat Astrid in today’s eating contest.”
            “I heard my name. What’s happening?” Astrid asked.
            “How much did you eat today?” Julian asked.
            “Only two burgers, some pesto pasta, 10 wings and four Cokes… why?”
            “Well in all fairness I don’t have a game tomorrow unlike you two archers.” Astrid defended. “And if I had known about this competition I would have beaten you no problem.”
            “I second that, actually.” Hiccup chimed in.
            “You second it because she’s your girl.” Jul snorted.
            “True, but I’ve also seen this girl eat more than humanely possible before her triathlon. “ he reasoned. He seemed to phase out, probably thinking back to that memory as a slight dash of fear glimmered in his eye.
            “There’s no point in bickering about it now.” I interjected. “The only way to settle this is if we have an actual competition.” I’m not sure what I did, but Astrid and Merida’s eyes lit up.
            “Just give me the time and place Hofferson.” Merida challenged. Hiccup gave me a look as the two started trash talking saying ‘What have you done?’ We all rested a bit and just talked until the waitress placed a red drink in front of me.
            “Oh I didn’t order this.” I said.
            “This is from that gentleman at the bar.” She pointed out. Everyone who was around me looked over to see a cute guy, maybe a few years older than me, wink and raise his glass.
            “Whoa there Elsa.” Astrid cooed punching my arm.
            “Ow! What was that for?”
            “He’s pretty hot.” She answered and Hiccup immediately cleared his throat. “And you are too.”
            “I think you should go for it Elsa.” Merida chimed.
            “Come on guys.” I sighed. “Let’s be real.”
            “We are! Go talk to him, or at least say thank you for the drink.” Q suggested.
            “What is it anyway?” Merida asked. I took a small, cautious sip from the glass and the familiar flavour spread on my tongue.
            “Vodka cranberry.” I said as the sweet fluid suddenly turned bitter in my mouth.
            “Classic.” Q scoffed. “Can I have it?”
            “It could be laced with something.” Julian stopped her.
            “But I don’t think so. How would he spike it if he didn’t make it?”
            “Either way I’m not drinking it.” I sighed. “Whoever wants it can have it.” I pushed the drink away and leaned into my seat.
            “Why not?” Q asked eyeing the glass down.
            “I don’t like vodka cranberries.” I partially lied. “Q if you want it just take it.”
            “Yeah, he’s gone anyway, so I call dibs.” She said swiping the glass. I turned to scan the bar, but he was nowhere to be found.
            “How long was he gone for?” I asked.
            “Maybe five minutes. After you turned away from him he just walked out.” Jul answered as he stopped Q from drinking my drink.
            “Hey guys, should we start heading out?” Anna asked our end of the table.
            “Yes please. I’m in the mood for dessert.” Merida answered for all of us.
            “Little bakery by that place?” Kristoff suggested.
            “Oh my god yes!” Q agreed.
            “Bakery by what place?” I asked.
            “Ambrosia Bakes.” Hiccup answered.
            “Oh I love that place!” Merida cheered.
            “They have some really good cake there.” Astrid agreed.
            “I don’t know if I can have a whole slice to myself right now.” Hiccup groaned.
            “Split a MilkyWay?”
            “Deal.” He smiled.
            “Wait, what’s MilkyWay?” I asked them. Astrid looked at me like I was a stranger to her.
            “One of the best cakes I’ve ever had in my life.” Julian explained. “Especially for people who live chocolate.” At the mention of chocolate, my mouth started to drool despite the screaming pain of my stretching stomach. I noticed Astrid stiffen beside me in my peripherals. She looked like she just saw a ghost when she kicked me under the table.
            “Don’t look now, but guess who’s sitting over there.”  She whispered in my ear. I didn’t have to see the silver hair to know exactly who she was talking about. I did, however, remember the burning sensation of his lips on my skin.
            “How long has he been here?” I asked without looking in that direction.
            “Maybe he came when we were eating, but he is looking in this direction she answered. I couldn’t help myself, so I looked up. He was laughing at someone’s joke or something before he glanced in my direction. I was the one to break it, looking down and blushing like a child.
            “Shall we start heading out Madames and Monsieurs?” Anna asked everyone once all the bills were paid. Everyone got up and I felt heart start to race seeing that the exit was right by Jack’s table. Astrid grabbed my wrist to assure me it was okay once we started walking out. I felt his eyes on me as we walked by. Oh god why did he have this effect on me? I don’t care for him, so why?
            “It’s okay, we’re outside.” Astrid stopped my panicking.
            “Thanks.” I breathed trying to calm my frantic body. Something was wrong. My body was shaking, my breath was shortened, and I was sweating even though I was cold.
            “Elsa? Are you okay?” my sister asked coming to my side.
            “Yeah.” I croaked when my throat suddenly felt dry. “I think my pasta made me drowsy or I have some kind of food poisoning.”
            “Do you want me to take you home?” she offered.
            “It’s okay.” I waved it off. “I’ll be fine.”
            “Elsa, you’re looking more pale than you normally do.” Merida pointed out feeling my forehead.
            “Maybe I should go home.” I agreed once I felt my mouth start to salivate as if I was going to throw up.
            “We can walk you.” Hiccup offered with Astrid by his side.
            “No, I’ll be okay. I don’t want to waste any of your time tonight. I’ll feel bad for holding you guys back.” I smiled, trying to mask the feeling of feeling like shit.
            “Are you sure?” I wasn’t sure who said it because the pounding in my head was distracting me.
            “Yeah.” I smiled. “Go on. My dorm is only a two blocks away anyway.” My sister sighed and kissed my cheek.
            “Just text me if you need anything.” She said. I nodded and departed away from the group. I wasn’t lying when I said my dorm was only two blocks away, but the walk seemed longer because of my state. My body felt heavier after each step, I was feeling nauseous and sick, something was defiantly wrong. Thoughts started flashing through my brain trying to figure out what was happening to me. Food poisoning? No, I highly doubt it. Period sickness? I wasn’t scheduled for another two weeks. Drinking? No. All I drank was water and… a sip of the vodka cranberry. Oh no.
            “Hey babe! I’ve been looking all over for you.” Some guys voice said right beside me as an arm snaked around my waist. I already knew who was talking to me, but the drugs stopped me from screaming for help.
            “Tell me where you’re headed next time so you don’t worry me like that.” He said loud enough for people walking by to hear. Soon enough, the drugs made my mind lose control of my entire body. I kept walking forward instead of turning towards my dorm building. Hid body basically guided me to where I was going to go. Reaching an alleyway, he lured me into the shadows.
            “You’re going to be fucked so good.” He whispered in my ear, leading me all the way into the alley. Once he reached the dead end, he took my wrists and bound them together with some kind of rope and pushed me against the wall. I tried to do whatever I could to fight back, but my body would do what it was told. I wanted to thrash and scream at the top of my lungs, but I remained as limp as a rag doll.
            He moved my hair from my neck and started to undo the button of my jeans. I just closed my eyes and waited for what was coming. Tears started to wield in my eyes as I felt his lips get at my neck and his hands start to pull my jeans down, then he wasn’t on my anymore. I sunk down in the wall as my legs couldn’t keep me up. The only thing I was able to do was lean my head on the wall and blink, changing what I saw each time I closed my eyes.
            Blink.
            Two people were throwing punches at each other.
            Blink. 
            One took the other by the neck and pinned him against the wall, punching him repeatedly.
            Blink.
            They took the other and smashed their head against the brick wall.
            Blink.
            I was looking up at the night sky, being carried away from the alley.
            Blink.
            Pale face and silver hair.
            I wasn’t able to open my eyes again after that, but I did feel this person lay me down on the soft surface an pulling a blanket over my body.

Hey guys!!!!! I'm sooo sorry for not posting. Again school's tough, and i'm trying to find a job sooo yeah. Anywho I might keep to this pace i'm posting now until i get to my next semester. This semester has SUCH a high work load. Like OMG  i don't even know how i'm doing it. Also keep in mind that Christmas is coming up, you know what that means. THE PROLOGUE IS GOING TO BE RELEASED!!!!! I'm still thinking about posting a preview, but if i do then check BHFH 'cause i might post it there. Hopefully i'll post again soon. We'll see what happens, Luv ya! Happy Reading ;)