Chapter 9: Mugged

A/N Yeah yeah. I'm sorry for not updating yesterday. It's been six days since the last update, but I have reasons. Like school projects, homework, and karate. On the plus side, this chapter is pretty long. Sorry for the sort of cliffhanger at the end of the the last chapter. Not really.... (evil laugh). Now, enjoy chapter 9!

The English Grill

London, England

April 1

2000 hours

    "Well, they can't have gone far," Catherine said. "Let's find them."

    We all ran outside, and Mike stopped to tell the waiter we wanted all of our food to go. He nodded, not looked the least bit surprised. This has probably happened before with Erica and her mom.

    I was out the door right behind Erica, and I looked to the left, and Warren was just slipping around a corner. I started running, three Hales behind me. I almost caught up to him, but he literally slipped through my fingers.

    It had never occurred to me how hard it would be to run in dress shoes. It was extremely hard. They were a bit uncomfortable, and rubbed against the side of the feet. They also didn't bend very easily, so it was like trying to sprint while keeping your feet in one position. The bottoms of them were also slippery. I skidded while rounding a corner and almost ran headlong into traffic. Erica wasn't doing much better. She had heels.

    I could hear her cursing her shoes next to me.

    "Whoever invented heels should be killed," I heard her mutter under her breath. Eventually, she just took them off and held them as she ran. Somehow, Cyrus and Catherine were managing just fine, and quickly caught up to us.

    Finally, I grabbed Warren's hair, and smashed his head into the sidewalk with a satisfying thunk. He was out cold, and I looked up, winded.

    Erica was racing ahead of Ashley and turned sharply. Ashley expected this and tried to go around her. But in order to do this, she had to slow down. This was a mistake. Cyrus caught up to her almost instantly, and nailed her with a right hook. She stumbled, and then Catherine got to her. Her elbow slammed into Ashley's lower back, and sent her sprawling. A small "oof" escaped her lips.

    Cyrus nodded appreciatively, and produced handcuffs from somewhere. He wrenches her hands behind her back, but not without a fight. Ashley almost managed to throw him off, but Erica kicked her head, and she stopped writhing.

    I looked over at Warren next to me, and he had a massive bloody lump on his head where I smashed it into the sidewalk. Erica walked over to me, and held out a hand. I took it, and she pulled me up. I dusted my suit off, and surprisingly, it had little damage; just some dirt here and there.

    Erica sat on the curb and put her heels on, grumbling to herself how she could've knocked Ashley out if she didn't have to stop to take them off. I laughed and she turned sharply to me; I stopped laughing immediately. To my great surprise, she smiled a wolfish grin, sort of like Mike's.

    "Would you like to do the honors?" she asked, pulling out some handcuffs form one-knows-where.

    "My pleasure," I responded. Even though Warren was unconscious, it was still satisfying to hear the click click click click of the cuffs. I tried to pick him up, and my back cracked.

    "Shoot," I muttered, and promptly dropped Warren, my hands flying to my back. I felt a stinging sensation in my spine, and it hurt to move. Slowly, very slowly, it subsided to a throb. Catherine and Erica looked worried, but Cyrus just rolled his eyes.