Chapter 17: Where's the nearest psychiatrist?

A/N I promise, this chapter will explain everything. There's not much to say, except that if Mr. E sounds weird it's because he's insane. Thanks so much for the 4k views! Vote, comment, and enjoy!

Under London

SPYDER's Headquarters

1410 hours (10 minutes after the kidnapping of the Queen)

April 2

    "What?" I asked, astonished.

    "Well, not really." Erica said. "I've seen pictures and the body."

    "Ahhh. So, you've read my file and autopsy report?" Mr. E said, making so sense. How could Erica have read his autopsy report if he was alive?

    "Well, it's obviously fake." Erica said defensively. "But how?"

    "Would someone PLEASE tell me what the heck you're talking about!" I yelled. I hated the feeling of being clueless.

    I was also suspicious that Mr. E had made no move to capture us. He was standing 10 feet away, talking like a normal person. This just proved he was not a normal person. A normal person would have tried to at least render us unconscious.

    "Well, Erica can explain." Mr. E said.

    "So, Ben." Erica started, looking at Mr. E suspiciously. "Mr. E is actually Edward Endgame."

    She paused, looking at him for conformation. After all, he was supposed to be dead. He nodded, telling her to go on.

I was surprised about how the 'E' related to him. It was an obvious match. Why hadn't the CIA made the connection?

    "Edward was a star student at Spy school, and then at the Spy University. He had straight A's, and didn't ever need to hack to alter his grades. Everyone noticed that there was something off, but there was never anything solid. Then, in his final year at the University, he was thrown out." Erica said tentatively, looking at Mr. E to make sure he wasn't trying anything funny.

    Instead, he looked livid. Not at Erica, but remembering the past. I swallowed, and nodded my head at Erica to continue.

    "They kicked him out because he had a breakdown. He started beating everyone in the class up, demanding to get paid for going to school.  Of course, he beat everyone, and the University found out he was mentally unstable and 'money driven.' The director decided that she couldn't have someone like that graduate, and she kicked him out."

    "And for that, I am ever grateful. She did me a favor." Mr. E said, smiling.

    His mood swings were getting disorienting.

    "After that, you disappeared for a while." Erica said, looking at Mr. E.

    "That is true." he said.

    "And then," Erica said, building the suspense.

    "Hurry up, already!" I said, annoyed.

    "He was one of three suicide bombers on the CIA headquarters." she said.

    "But there was never-" I started to say.

    "The REAL CIA headquarters." Mr. E clarified. "The one that the public has no idea exists."

    "Ohhh." I said, feeling dumb. I could feel my face heating up.

    "This is the part I don't understand!" Erica said. "How did you survive? I've SEEN the remaining parts of your dead body! And the DNA matches exactly!"

"I did a good job of faking my death, didn't I?" he asked, flashing a Cheshire cat smile. "Well, I had an identical brother that no one knew about. I blackmailed him into doing this, and then paid off the coroner to enter the data wrong. When he came to collect his money, I killed him. No loose ends."

I was shocked anyone could be so heartless, especially to his own family. Then Mr. E pulled out his gun. His entire personality shifted, from easygoing to insane, in less than a second.

"You won't stop my plans this time!" he screamed, sounding psychotic.

I froze. Beside me, Erica stiffened. I could practically feel the anger rolling off her in waves. Mr. E was too far away for Erica to disarm him: her would shoot her and not miss. I could tell Erica knew this too. And she wasn't about to do something to get herself killed.

"Put your hands up!" Mr. E continued to scream.

I did so quickly, but beside me, Erica was slower.

"I said, PUT YOUR HAND UP!" Mr. E yelled, flicking the safety off.

Erica sighed, and put her hand up.

"Now, I want you to kick over ALL of you weapons, both of you." Mr. E said, finally not yelling.

I relaxed a bit, and slowly took out both of my knives and a small can of pepper spray. I put them on the ground, and kicked them over one by one.

As expected, Erica was taking longer. She lazily took out three guns, two knives, a can of pepper spray, and a taser. She kicked each of them over with more precision than a professional soccer player.

She put her hands back up, trying to hide her knapsack. For

Now, Mr. E didn't seem to notice it. Then his face grew irritated, mixing with insanity.

    "All of your weapons." he said, giving Erica a hard stare.

    I didn't know what he was talking about, but if Erica was keeping weapons, he was sure to notice. This guy was crazy and talented, a bad mix. I wasn't in the mood to die.

    Erica rolled her eyes, but took out three grenades, and a pack of sedation darts. She kicked them over, and Mr. E tut tutted. 

    "The legendary Erica Hale can't even follow some simple requests. Sad. Don't make me come over and take all of your weapons." he warned.

    I tensed up, hoping Erica knew what she was doing. I just wanted to get out of here, get out of London, to my house, and sleep in my bed.

    Erica suddenly grabbed my hand, snapping me out of my reverie. I had no idea what she was doing, but I thought we should be focusing on stalling for time. Cyrus was on the way, and hopefully Catherine.

    Then I felt the point of a knife being slipped under my sweater sleeve. So that's why she grabbed my hand. To slip me a knife.

    I felt a wave of disappointment wash over me, and then a wave of annoyance, at myself. Erica had repeatedly told me she wasn't ready for a relationship, and I should really stop being so pushy. I didn't want to be like Jacob from Twilight.

    But then again, I wasn't that pushy. I acknowledged that she wasn't ready, and maybe never will be, but that didn't stop me from trying once in a while.

    Plus, I wasn't the one that kissed her at a ski resort. Ok, well maybe not at a resort, but no less, I knew she liked me, at least a little.

    I probably should have been focusing on why she had given me the knife, but when the most beautiful girl alive is holding your hand, you have a bit of a hard time concentrating.

    Then it hit me. We had to try something. If we were going to get shot anyway, it might as well be trying to escape than just standing there. But Mr. E distracted me.

"Aww, how sweet. Erica Hale finally shows her feeling for Ben." he said. Then, shrieking, "I SAID ALL OF YOUR WEAPONS, HALE!"

Spit flew from his mouth, and his face turned so red it might have been funny if it weren't so terrifying and petrifying.

I flinched, and looked at Erica to see what to do. She gave me a slight nod, almost imperceptible to the human eye.

I took out the knife, and kicked it over to him. Mr. E's mood shifted in a second to insane and furious to gleeful.

"That's MUCH better!" he said happily.

A/N So, how was it?