12

"Come on, Lix. You're so slow. Rachel noona is waiting for us." Seungmin sighed in exasperation as he walked ahead of them. Jeongin followed him, giggling quietly.

"Ugh, maybe if I didn't lost then this won't be happening to me." Felix muttered under his breath and picked up the bags. He lagged behind his two evil friends, cursing when he almost tripped over his own foot.

When they were in the plane, they decided to play a game where the loser will bring all of their bags. Felix, who was pretty confident that he will win, unfortunately got defeated by Seungmin and Jeongin. The two couldn't stop laughing at Felix after their game.

Felix tightly held their bags and walked to their direction. Rachel noticed his arrival and snickered when she saw his brother having a hard time bringing their bags.

"Wow, aren't you a good friend?" She teased.

"Shut up." Felix rolled his eyes but smiled at his sister. It has been a long time since they last saw each other and he actually missed her.

"Okay, okay. Now...come here, bro." Rachel opened her arms and Felix let go of their bags to hug her. He suddenly felt emotional as Rachel rubbed his back soothingly.

Jeongin felt his heart aching for his friend. One of the reasons why they came to Australia was because Felix was missing home. Changbin had to go back to his hometown, hence the reason why he couldn't come.

Instead, Seungmin and him decided to accompany Felix so that he wouldn't be alone. Actually, the three of them already planned to go to Australia together before and now that it was a perfect time to go, they joined him.

"Don't cry, Lix!"

"I'm not!"

———

They were welcomed with warm greetings once they arrived at the house. The place wasn't fancy or anything, it was just simple but cozy. Felix noticed that everything was still in place just like how he remembered it, and he liked it that way.

"Jeongin, Seungmin, how are you?" A woman appeared and exchanged hugs with the said two boys. She stopped in front of Felix, smiling warmly.

"Look at you, you're now taller than me. Huhu, my son is growing into a fine man and will someday leave me."

"Stop it, Mom." Felix laughed and hugged his mother. Suddenly, someone jumped on his back, making him groan.

"Let go, Liv. You're too heavy. So fat." He was hit at the back of his head. The weight on his back soon disappeared and as he turned around, he saw his younger sibling, Olivia.

"I'm not fat! You're mean!" She pouted and that made Felix ruffled her hair. Olivia whined as she tried to stop her brother. Everyone were now laughing at them.

Felix was really happy to meet them again, but he was still feeling incomplete.

——

It was only their second day in Australia but Felix created a new friend, who also became Seungmin and Jeongin's friend. He was older than them but he was fun to be with. Language didn't become a problem since he could also speak Korean.

"Let's watch a horror movie!"

"Noo! I want to watch a drama!"

"Horror!"

"You will never change my mind, Bang Byungchan."

"Not that name!"

Seungmin and Jeongin shared looks with each other and shook their heads before leaving the two alone.

"I bet they're gonna end up in a relationship."

Oh. That.

The word love never crossed Felix's mind until one day. He started to feel something for Chan but knowing that the older might be straight, he hid these feelings to himself.

He was then encouraged to confess. Why should he? He knew he'll only have his heart broken at the end. Felix thought about it and decided to take the risk.

And then he did.

The reply he got?

"I'm sorry."

Felix knew that it would happen so he smiled as if nothing hurts.

"It's okay! I just needed to get this out of my chest, that's all. It's alright if you do not want to see me anymore. I completely understand that."

"I'm really sorry, Lix. I just want us to be friends."

"It's okay."

It's not.

Felix was still smiling when he went home. Though as soon as he saw his two younger friends, he broke down into tears. He was thankful that they were right by his side to comfort him.

After staying in Australia for a week, they went back to Korea. Felix slowly forgot about it.

——