23

XXIII.

5:30pm. Golden hour. Sunset. This is one of the moment we've been waiting. Andito kami sa isang lugar kung saan we both can see the sun setting clearly. Janina and I are sitting on the back of her pick- up.

My hands were placed behind her back while her head were leaning on my shoulder, on the other hand my head were leaning on her head. Lovely isn't it? But no, lovely friendship it is, for her.

"Dons," She whispered.

Nilingon ko siya habang nakatitig siya sa sunset. "Bakit?"

"Hindi pa nagsisimula pero ang ganda na,"

Ngumiti ako doon. For me, it has a double meaning, first was the sunset na nagsisimula pa lang and second's our relationship na nagsimula sa magandang friendship.

"There's beauty in endings," I said.

Napalingon siya sa akin, "Ha? Akin nagsisimula sayo patapos na?"

I chuckled. "What I mean is this day has come to an end, and look, it has a beautiful ending.."

She smiled at bumalik na sa pagkaka- lean sa balikat ko ang ulo niya.

Few minutes have passed and the sunset's almost over.

"Ang ganda," A tear fell from her eye.

"Kasing ganda mo,"

Hindi ko alam kung saan ako kumukuha ng lakas ng loob para sa mga salitang iyon pero basta ang alam ko, I'm happy and I am free.

"Dons, I never thought na makikita ko 'to, yung ganitong ganda sa buong buhay ko.." She faced me, "with you"

I can't see anything right now but Janina and the sunset. Ang pagtatapos ng araw ang nagsilbing hudyat para sa simula naming dalawa.

"You'll see more of this moment, as long as I am breathing, you'll see the happiness of life"

I hugged her. Hindi pa man kami sigurado sa kung anong meron kami ngayon, but we both know that we are in good terms, in good friends, that she belongs to me in my own thoughts and dreams. I can assure that Janina was the one who were in my dreams.

As we watched the sun to fade, it leaves us with a happy heart and smile in our faces. And that was one of the best moments of my life.

Tapos na kaming manood ng sunset, and I'm driving already, roadtrip it is.

Habang tinatahak namin ang daan, nagpatugtog si Janina, shuffle music lang. First it was playing 8 letters by Why Don't We.

As the music plays, sinasabayan iyon ni Janina,

"You know me the best, you know my worst, see me hurt, but you don't judge.." sabay niya.

Ako naman, nakikinig lang sa kaniya, diretso lang tingin ko sa daan but I can't help but to look at my right side, "Stop looking at me, look at the road" she rolled her eyes.

May pagka- "bitch" side talaga to si Janina minsan. "Sorry ang ganda eh"

I teased but hindi na niya siguro napansin because of the music na din.

"Bakit nga ba bigla kang nag- akit mag roadtrip?" I asked.

"Wala lang, actually. Gusto ko lang makapanood ng sunset kahit for once lang, and to experience kung ano yung feeling ng nasa roadtrip"

Kita ko sa peripheral view ko na lumingon siya sa akin that's why nilingon ko din siya.

Teary- eyed. Bakit ba parang sobrang emosyonal ng babaeng to? Kung di ko lang to ganon kakilala iisipin kong iyakin to.

"Bakit?"

"I mean bakit ngayon ka lang nakapanood ng sunset?"

She smiled and stopped the music.

"My life is a mess. My life is private since I grew up."

And then she press the play button again,

"Why is that?"

"If i'll tell you, will you stay?"

Bigla akong napaisip. Kinabahan ako.

"I will. Promise"

"Don't promise me anything. Ayoko na ulit umasa"

I bit my lower lip because of that, hindi na ko nakasagot dahil doon,

8 letters is still playing, and my favorite part of the song's coming,,

"Isn't it amazing how almost every line on our hands align, when your hand's in mine, it's like I'm whole again, isn't that a sign, Ishould speak my mind.." Kanta ko.

"Dons" she whispered.

I can see in my peripheral view that she's looking at me while my eyes are on the road.

I'm holding her hands nung moment na kinakanta ko yung part na yun. And it feels like an electricity came in into my body.

"Donny.."

I stopped the car in front of a field full of flowers at puno din ng umiilaw na mga alitaptap, I decided to bring her here because I suddenly remembered this place out of nowhere..

"Sshh, such a crybaby.." I laughed.

"From now on, I will be the one to bring you happiness and amazement in your life, I'll be your happiness guide.."

"This is.. so beautiful, I didn't know that I'll be able to see this place... again"

She sobbed and looked at me.. "T- thank you for bringing me here, its one of my happy place and one of the memorable place of my life"

I put my arms around her and kissed her on the forehead.

"There's always beauty in everything, even darkness" she whispered habang nakatingin sa field.

Tiningnan ko siya at inakbayan..

"There really is.."

--