Chapter 24

Adams POV

As Neil finished telling me what mum was doing I turned to look back at Tommy and I see him walk into the kitchen but not before I see the tears in his eyes. This really has to stop I have had enough of this with everyone trying to hurt the one I love more then I love life itself. I go to turn back to yell at mum and tell her to get out of our life I hear a noise and I look again and Tommy is on the floor. I run to him and kneel at his side pulling him into my arms. I try to wake him but I can't so I get up and pull him up into my arms so I can carry him to the lounge but I don't make it to far as my legs give out on me. I fall to the floor with my fiancée still in my arms. I try to get up but I can't so I call to Neil to help me.

He gasps when he turns and sees me on the floor with my unconscious fiancée still in my arms. He runs over not worrying about mum and grabs Tommy from my arms and carries him to the lounge then comes back to help me up and help me back to the lounge. I sit on the lounge and pull Tommy into my lap and cradle him there and put my head against his and whisper "please wake up baby I need you". I feel the tears come to my eyes as I continue to hold him and I can't help but let them fall. Our night wasn't supposed to be like this. It was supposed to be Tommy and I resting on the lounge in each other's arms watching a movie with Neil but no we have to have Sauli bought into it again and this time I am beyond furious with not only my mother but with Sauli as well.

Mum rushes over and tries to pull me into her arms not caring if my fiancée is in my arms or not so I push her away and say "mum until you can stop seeing Sauli in prison and prove to not only me but to Tommy as well then I don't want you in my life anymore. I'm sorry mum but what you did tonight was the last straw. You are not welcome at my wedding goodbye mother".

She gets up and tries to get Neil to talk to her and to tell me that I'm wrong but he only walks to the door and says "goodbye mother you are not welcome in my house ever again until you can prove to me as well that you are not letting that evil person manipulate you with money and promises that won't ever happen then I don't want to see or hear from you. Goodbye mother". With that she walks out the door and Neil slams it and locks it and makes his way over to me and say "what happened why did you fall when you were trying to carry Tommy". I Look over at him and say "yesterday when we were coming back from out trip away I started to get a headache and Tommy saw me holding my head as it was really bad so he made me pull over so he could drive and just as I got out I nearly fell so Tommy grabbed me and helped me. We stopped later on but I still had it so Tommy drove the rest of the way home. He told me if it wasn't gone by today then he was taking me to the hospital. We woke up this morning and I still had it so Tommy drove me to the hospital and they told me I was run down and I needed to take it easy for a few days. I think when I got up I wasn't strong enough to carry him as normally I am but this thing has drained me of all my strength". He nods his head and says "OK well just stay there and I will get changed and see to dinner". I look at him and say "Tommy had started to get dinner before mum turned up". He nods his head and walks into the kitchen.

I sit there cradling my baby in my arms and just cry until I feel movement and I look and Tommy has his eyes open. Once he sees me crying he sits up and says "baby what's wrong what happened"? I pull him closer to me and say "nothing you passed out and I couldn't wake you. I thought something was wrong with you I was worried I'm sorry". He pulls me further into his arms and says "it's OK I passed out after what happened with your mum I don't know why my knees just gave out from under me but I can tell you one thing I have a headache". I pull away from him and check all over to make sure there is nothing wrong with him. I can't see anything so I think what happened was that he hit his head on the floor when he fell. I cradle him into my arms and just wait until dinner is ready.