Chapter 40

Adams POV

After I made sure Tommy was ok last night when we went to bed. I stayed awake and kept thinking of how I hurt him yesterday. I keep kicking myself for that. I knew we couldn't do anything but I still did. For that I will never forgive myself for.

Around 1 am when I was still awake with Tommy curled into my side. I decide that we will have a quiet day today and tomorrow we will maybe go to Alcatraz. I know Tommy has always wanted to see it and have a tour so we will do that if he is ok.

I awake the next morning to fingers running down my back and I turn over to see my baby lying there watching me. I lean over and peck his lips and say "morning my sexy husband did you sleep ok"? He nods his head and he says "how did you sleep baby"? I look at him and say "not well at all I couldn't stop thinking and shut my brain down". He looked at me and said "what were you thinking about babe"? I thought for a bit as I didn't want to tell him exactly why I couldn't sleep as I know he won't like it. He will blame himself and it was mine but I know I can't lie to him so I say "I couldn't stop thinking about how I hurt you yesterday because I couldn't handle not being able to be intimate with you. I love you so much Tommy that I hate myself when I hurt you. It tears me up inside seeing you hurt from something I did or seeing you hurt altogether". He moves over closer to me and he says "babe it was my fault as well. I couldn't handle it either. Please don't blame yourself as it was half my fault". He moves his good hand and runs it over my face and slowly leans forward and kisses me. I kiss back but don't let it get heated as I don't want a repeat of yesterday.

We lie in bed in each other's arms just enjoying the closeness. I hear his stomach rumble and I laugh and say "ok baby let's get you some breakfast. Do you want to eat in the room or in the restaurant"? He looks at me and says "the restaurant is ok we will go down there for a bit". I nod my head and help him up to get dressed.

We walk down to the restaurant and order breakfast. While we are waiting I tell him what I thought we could do for the next few days. He nods his head and he says "babe I am ok with going out today if you want to. I just can't do much with my hand". I reach over and grab his good hand and say "Babe we are here for a week. Let's just relax today maybe walk around on the beach for a bit". He nods his head and says "yeah ok that's alright with me. I will do whatever you think". I smile at him and say "I know babe and I love you so much for that".

After we eat we walk out hand in hand and start the walk around the beach. Then I get an idea and I say to him "hey babe lets go and check out the shops I want to get a surprise for you"? He nods his head and says "yeah ok let's go". We walk back to the car and make our way to the shops.

On the way to the shops I can't help but look over at Tommy and I notice that his hair is getting long again and it needs touching the color up. I might get that done as well while we are here. As we park the car I turn to him and say "babe you hair needs cutting again and the colour needs a touch up". He nods head and says "yeah I know but I don't know if I like this colour anymore. I'm contemplating going back to my blonde I was before"? I think for a bit and say "it's up to you babe, I love you all of you not just the colour of your hair. I love the person that is in here". I put my hand on his heart as I say that. He looks down and has tears in his eyes and he says "I know babe and I love you so much inside and out". I grab his hand and say "come on let's find a hairdresser that can do your hair for you". He nods his head and we walk around the shops until we come to a hair dresser and we walk in and I ask the girl who walks up to us if they can  give Tommy's hair a trim and blonde"? She looks at a book and says "yeah if you comeback about 1 hour and we will"? I nod my head and she asks the name and I say "Tommy Lambert". She nods her head and we walk out.

We walk around a bit more until I come across a tattoo parlor and we walk in. I say to the guy that I want a tattoo but I want to keep what it is a secret. He nods his head and says "sure come through". I lean over and kiss Tommy and say "you can get one too if you want we never got our ones for our wedding". He fights to keep the smile off his face and I lean over and kiss him once again then turn back to the guy and said "is there maybe someone else to do my husbands"? He nods his head and calls out another guy.