When the Girls are away the Gods begin to Play

They were back at Wang Jiexi's house the next day. Ye Xiu wanted to get the rank rewards too and so was set to play till the very end.

The other two finished in an hour and then decided to go shopping.

"Jielin... do you want to come shopping with us?" Guo Guo asked the question without much hope but was rather surprised by her pleasant response.

"If it's alright, I'll come too."

The three girls left, leaving Ye Xiu and Wang Jiexi behind. Ye Xiu absent-mindedly slid out a cigarette and was about to light it when Wang Jiexi flicked it away.

"No smoking inside."

"Oh... You are so strict at home too? I thought it was just at the Club!"

"If you want to smoke go out."

"And leave my account open here?! It's not that easy to get a look at my account!"

Wang Jiexi sighed in exasperation.

"I don't want to see your weird account. Only you are crazy enough to play an unspecialized."

"You mean talented right?"

Wang Jiexi ignored him and was about to leave but Ye Xiu continued.

"I wonder how an unspecialized will be played by any other style say the Magician..."

Ye Xiu gave Wang Jiexi a look.

"You won't let me play with your account right?"

"Well... under normal circumstances I won't. But you did lend us the use of your computers for the event and I noticed you were trying to secretly gawk at it, which doesn't suit your style...."

"Forget it."

"Come on now! You want to try it out right! We will have a duel. You on my unspecialized and I'll use Soft Mist here!"

Wang Jiexi gave a swift reply.

"No."

"I'm surprised. I thought you would jump at the opportunity."

"I would. But what's more deadly than an unspecialized in your hands? A battle mage."

Ye Xiu sighed.

"You are so picky Big-eyed Wang! No wonder you are single!"

"Whine all you want... I won't do it."

"Alright! How about I use any spare accounts you have?"

Wang Jiexi was silent for a second.

"I don't have any spare cards."

"Sure you do! It's just for a duel! You can borrow your sister's right?"

Wang Jiexi hesitated for a bit. But under Ye Xiu's persuasion he decided to do it. Also this was the biggest chance for him to see Lord Grim up close and so he couldn't pass it up.

"Fine."

They quickly started and arrived at the arena.

"No looking at my stats." Said Ye Xiu suddenly.

"How else will I fight?"

"You are a pro! Play like you always do!"

Wang Jiexi held in a sigh. There wasn't much he could do without seeing the stats ... but then again he doubted it would make much of a difference.

"Wang Jiexi.... this account doesn't have any equipment right?"

Wang Jiexi was shaken out of his thoughts and he took a quick look at Sad Violet.

"No... but there's enough gold. Go get something."

Ye Xiu didn't wait for any further permission. He wandered about the market and quickly got some stuff.

Wang Jiexi, true to his word, didn't look at his stats. He practised switching between the various forms of the Myriad Manifestations. Umbrella.

While equipping himself Ye Xiu noticed the unfinished Silver equipment in the editor. The plan was very meticulous but apparently the one who was crafting the weapon wasn't very good. He could see lot of incomplete wrong parts.

"Are you coming?"

Ye Xiu closed the editor and directed Sad Violet to the arena.

"I'm here."