An Overnight Stay

"It looks stormy..." said Guo Guo suddenly.

The perfect summer weather was slowly moving towards a rather cyclonic atmosphere.

"We should hurry back to the hotel then" said Tang Rou.

"Or all of you can stay the night."

Everyone turned in surprise when they heard Wang Jielin make that remark.

"That is if my brother's ok with it..." she quickly added.

Wang Jiexi shrugged and looked at Ye Xiu.

"Ok... the hotel is rubbish anyway!" said Ye Xiu.

Guo Guo felt like crying right then but seeing how nobody seemed to mind them staying she agreed too.

They were set to leave the next evening so Guo Guo had plans for one final beach visit in the morning. So she insisted her two friends get an early night so that they would be fresh for the journey back next day.

Tang Rou complied with her but Ye Xiu opened up the computer again and Guo Guo was so infuriated by his one-track mind that she didn't insist on him going to sleep.

Tang Rou couldn't sleep though and she could still hear Ye Xiu faintly tapping away in the hall over the noise of the rain outside. She suddenly heard the sound of the door next to her room creaking open.

Wang Jielin came out of the room and walked to the hall. She saw Ye Xiu still there and froze when she noticed that he was actually on her account.

"What are you doing?"

"Oh... Little Jielin...come sit."

Ye Xiu continued without another word. There was a long pause and finally she cam forward and looked at the screen.

Ye Xiu was using the editor now and had all the plans for Morning Glory opened. He was carefully putting together a part of the gun and with extreme precision he moved the mouse and made sure it clicked into place.

"No good." she said dully.

"Why so?"

Wang Jielin sat next to him.

"I have tried before you know... but without the materials it would fail."

"There are substitutes that can be used. This is an old plan and there are many new materials out here now."

"But it fails... it's not possible to get both increased firing range and the critical boosts using the available materials."

"I'm impressed... You know more about Glory than you claimed."

"I never said I didn't know about Glory. I just don't play anymore."

"But it's not impossible right. Not when it was done once before."

There was a long silence. Wang Jielin just sat there numbly watching Ye Xiu continue clicking away.

"What happened to the first one?"

"How do you know?"

"Wang Jiexi told me. But he didn't tell me what happened to it though."

"I lost it."

Ye Xiu looked at the girl next to him. She noticed his questioning look. Taking a deep breath she continued.

"I got careless. It dropped in a fight. It's probably scrap somewhere."

Her voice shook a bit when she said that but she continued.

"My brother put in everything for this. This was his- our first weapon. He completed it perfectly. We got lucky with the double bonus. Then I went and lost it."

"And so you stopped playing?"

"Yes I stopped playing!!"

Her voice was bitter now. "I hate this game! "

"Just because you lost?"

Wang Jielin looked at Ye Xiu incredulously.

"You stopped playing the game because you lost a weapon. But you still have talent and the passion for it. Do you truly hate the game or are you just afraid of playing it?"

Tang Rou watched silently from the corridor. She could see the stunned expression on Wang Jielin's face. Her hands were shaking slightly and Tang Rou wondered if she might fly into a rage and hit Ye Xiu.

She decided to get in there before Ye Xiu said anything more but was stopped by a hand on her shoulder.

With a start she turned around and saw Wang Jiexi. He shook his head and pointed towards the kitchen. Tang Rou followed him into the kitchen and out onto the porch.