Why we Play....

Sad Violet suddenly used Slide Kick and closed in. She had numerous close range skills too which under normal circumstances wouldn't have been much trouble for an explosive unspecialized to handle.

But the abnormality of the situation lay in the pink stun gun.

Each time Lord Grim made an attempt to dodge or fall back he got stunned and Sad Violet kept up her continuous assault on him. Of course Lord Grim used every few seconds between stuns to hit her back. Their health was plummeting almost equally.

Almost.... because though the Myriad Manifestations Umbrella was the ultimate weapon, the boosts Morning Glory gave a wild style Sharpshooter was immense.

Wang Jielin had seemed a bit slow in the beginning but now was setting up a rhythm. It was unpredictable and wild and along with the two weapons and her haphazard skill distribution she managed to achieve a stable DPS that equalled Lord Grim's.

Because of the critical boosts each direct hit by her was equivalent to two or three consecutive hits by Lord Grim.

But in the end only one character remained standing and that was Lord Grim... at 2% health.

Ye Xiu looked at Wang Jielin and was pleasantly surprised to see her smiling back happily.

"Didn't mind losing?"

"Nah... you are a pro... it was an experience!"

"You are extremely perceptive. You managed to use your weapons quite efficiently though this was your first time. Ever thought of going pro?"

The girl grinned back mischievously.

"Maybe.... but I would still choose my home team.... provided my brother doesn't feel threatened...."

"Care to join my team?"

"Ha! They told me you are too shameless and don't do anything for no reason!!!"

Ye Xiu smiled and got up.

"Speaking of the boss, if I don't sleep now she would be very angry at me tomorrow."

Ye Xiu took out his card and shut down the computer. He started to walk off to his room.

"Senior Ye..."

"Yes?"

"Thank you for your teachings."

Ye Xiu looked back at her and smiled. He then went to his room. Ye Xiu never wondered about the future of Glory because he knew that he would always be there to see it.

But the future of Glory was in the hands of the future generations and it was youngsters like these who could continue to drive forward this passion for the game. And it was to keep this future alive that players like him played.

Ye Xiu suddenly stopped.

Wang Jiexi inviting him over... letting him play on his wifi... Use his sister's account.....

Ye Xiu cursed loudly.

"THAT MAGICIAN IS TOO SHAMELESS!!!"

"Well that was a good vacation right?" Asked Guo Guo as they boarded the flight.

"Yes. It was very fun." Replied Tang Rou.

"Thanks Boss." Said Ye Xiu.

Guo Guo sighed. She knew this was the best she was going to get out of them.

"Little Tang! What were you discussing with Little Jielin?"

"We were talking about Glory."

There was a stunned silence and then-

"You two.... HOW ON EARTH?!!! You had to ruin  a nice girl like that too!!!! Don't you have any shame!!!!"

Tang Rou only smiled meekly at her outburst. She couldn't but help glance at Ye Xiu to see if he will talk about what had happened the previous night.

But Ye Xiu had settled in the corner seat and his eyes were half-closed already.

Tang Rou settled down next to him.

"Ye Xiu...."

"Hm?"

"Do you really think she stopped playing because of bad experiences from people around her?"

"Not really.... it became a sort of block that's all"

"Do you think... that could happen to me?"

"Maybe.... but be strong willed like you always are and keeping striving to achieve... that's all I can advise you..."

"Has... this ever happened to you?"

Ye Xiu suddenly grinned.

"No. And how could it! As Boss says....... I'm too shameless for that................."

THE END