The Pink Gun and Morning Glory

The pink gun Ye Xiu was using was supposed to only have a 15-20% chance of stun, but each time a bullet from that gun connected, Lord Grim was stunned.

It was just for 1 second, but it made all the difference in a game like this. Lord Grim fought back though and took off Sad Violet's health each time he was not stunned.

But Ye Xiu wasn't done yet. The next time Lord Grim locked Sad Violet into close combat, there was another surprise as she burst into Gun Fu.

But because of the Magician-like distribution of her skills the effects of Gun Fu were harder to predict.

Random Firing made it difficult for Lord Grim to close in and then the cursed Pink gun stunned him again which left him wide open to the shower of bullets.

They continued like this for some time. Wang Jiexi started to lose his tempo further because of the random stun effect. Moreover he now understood how tiring it was to fight a normal player using an unspecialized.

The battle ended with Sad Violet winning by a margin of 12% of health.

The two pros sat back exhausted. Wang Jiexi didn't stop Ye Xiu from lighting a cigar now.

"You played well." Said Ye Xiu suddenly.

"But it wasn't enough."

"Did you expect to understand an unspecialized better than me?"

Wang Jiexi didn't reply. He knew that was the truth.

"But it was thrilling wasn't it?"

"Yes." Said Wang Jiexi with a smile.

"It was interesting to see what the Magician could do with it. It has given me some ideas....."

Ye Xiu almost laughed seeing Wang Jiexi's incredulous look.

"What? You didn't think I did it out of the goodness of my heart right?!"

"No.... " Said Wang Jiexi wearily "You are too dirty for that."

"Show me that gun you used." Said Wang Jiexi sitting up "I can't believe such a weapon can exist in-game."

"Actually.... it's not just because of the weapon."

"What?"

"One of the accessories guarantees an increase in effect trigger chances proportionate to their conditions."

"What does that mean.... " Asked Wang Jiexi though he had a bad feeling he know the answer.

"The stun depends on critical hits. Sad Violet's  skill distribution is intended to maximise all critical rate bonuses."

"So...."

"Well let's just say... if you do the math and rounding off the chance to approximately twice as much as the critical rate, it's pretty high...."

Wang Jiexi had now dashed to Ye Xiu's side and was opening up Sad Violet's profile.

Critical Rate: 87%

"A... 100% stun...."

Wang Jiexi was speechless.

"That's why unmatched equipment are the best."

Ye Xiu got up and giving him a pat on the shoulder walked out.

Wang Jiexi spent a few minutes going through Ye Xiu's equipment setup of Sad Violet. He had sacrificed all other atrributes for critical rate and damage. That was why she lost her health very fast but could yet deal a sharp offense.

Wang Jiexi then opened up her skill tree. As he looked through it he remembered of the time he and his sister had set it up when they were young.

Together they had devised this incomprehensible style. Wang Jiexi had done most of the work but his sister was the one who helped him in his research for the most variable but explosive skill set.

Suddenly he remembered something and quickly opened up the editor. It was still there and what was surprising was their were many failed attempts at rebuilding that weapon.

Morning Glory

The ultimate gun he had designed. He was never that interested in equipment design but like any player had experimented with it.

That's how he had created his first and last plan for a weapon. It had been a surprise for his sister's birthday but she had discovered it.

They then put in all the time they had to perfect it- collecting the rare materials from bosses, trading with guilds.

Of course Jielin used to play back then.... secretly though when their parents were asleep and the two wouldn't be disturbed.

"What are you daydreaming about now?"

Wang Jiexi was brought back to the present by Ye Xiu. He noticed that the three women had come back and he quickly exited the editor and logged out.

Wang Jielin noticed that it was her account that had been open on the computer but she didn't say anything.
They sat around talking for a bit, waiting for the event to end and the points to tally.

After that it was just a matter of collecting rewards, checking their stats and trading them away if they weren't that good.