Clash of Gods

Wang Jiexi almost cringed when he saw Sad Violet.

"You just have to do this right?"

Sad Violet was like a miniature Lord Grim with various unmatched equipment. A couple of weird accessories were glittering all over and on her side there was a bright rosy glow.

"You... bought a pink gun?"

"Why Big-eyed Wang?! You don't care about style do you?! I'll give you free advice.... The best set is always the most colourful and unmatched one..."

Wang Jiexi shrugged and made a private room. Sad Violet immediately joined.

"Besides... People are too distracted by all this, that they forget to fight back...."

"Don't expect that trick to work on me though Ye Xiu."

"Let's fight."

Without further talk, the two characters net head on.

It was a simple ring arena which was rather disadvantageous for a Sharpshooter, but Ye Xiu didn't seem to care.

He had taken a look at Sad Violet's skill tree before and so knew she had invested in some close combat moves too.

Wang Jiexi in the other hand was very direct. His first move was Shadow Cloak

It was natural for the number one Witch to use what he was familiar with. But it seemed to have caught Ye Xiu off-guard because he couldn't dodge it in time.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT OF ALL THINGS?!!"

Wang Jiexi ignored this comment and immediately changed the Umbrella to its Lance form. But it was only then that he realised that there actually was a cooldown between changing forms.

This upset his tempo a bit and so his Dragon Tooth was off by just a fraction.

But his opponent was Ye Xiu. Though he was using an unfamiliar character, he was the God of all classes. So this small upset gave Sad Violet time to get out. But instead of retreating, she came back in again with a Powerful Knee Strike.

Lord Grim used Shadow Clone to dodge. But this time Sad Violet was prepared. A hail of bullets arrived accurately where Lord Grim had teleported to. Lord Grim rapidly switched the Umbrella to the Exorcist's Scythe form and threw it.

Sad Violet dodged but Lord Grim had again used Shadow clone to get close to the Scythe which was grabbed and thrown again. This time it hit and as expected there was a talisman attached to it which inflicted a speed debuff on Sad Violet.

Obviously an unspecialized's skill effects wouldn't be very critical but under Wang Jiexi's control the Magician began his assault.

Lord Grim used a Triple Slash to close in on Sad Violet and then began a series of attacks typical of Lord Grim's combos.

Dragon Tooth! Circle Swing! Knee Strike! Sand Toss!

The Sand Toss came very unexpectedly. True to the Magician, Lord Grim was playing more volatile than usual. Sad Violet didn't get blinded by the attack but Lord Grim was setting up an Dark boundary around them now.

It took effect and Sad Violet felt the debuffs immediately. Lord Grim instead of closing in used a Cloud Grasping Fist to pull Sad Violet further inside the boundary.

Then using a Shadow Cloak to bind Sad Violet again he switched to Lance form and charged in.

"Wang Jiexi....."

No reply.

"You are doing quite well. Ever considered playing an unspecialized?"

"No."

Wang Jiexi couldn't say anymore. The truth was he was struggling to keep up with the tempo of Lord Grim. Now he knew how Ye Xiu felt... how exhausting it was to fight with Lord Grim.

As his skills were all low-level they never had critical status effects. In the other hand they all came off cool-down quickly and so the only way to actually output any damage was cycling through them quickly and accurately.

But it was hard to keep track of these 120 or so skills. Harder still to think up the right skill for the right moment.

Wang Jiexi was the Magician but he was familiar with only a few classes. It required his complete attention to cycle through the moves like this.

"My turn."

Sad Violet broke out of Lord Grim's current combo with a well-timed Roundhouse kick. She broke out so easily that Wang Jiexi was surprised.

"It's not so easy is it?"

Wang Jiexi though stunned, directed Lord Grim forward again.

No matter how focused I was, I couldn't create a seamless combo like him.

Sad Violet raised the gun up and shot straight at Lord Grim.

Lord Grim dodged but then there was a crack as a second bullet pierced into him.

Barrett Snipe!

Lord Grim tried to move again but was stunned.

What?!

Wang Jiexi turned the camera to look at Sad Violet. The second bullet had come from the pink gun.

It must have a stun effect.....

"15% chance of stun... 20% if a critical."

Wang Jiexi shot Ye Xiu a shocked look.

"Insane right?" Continued Ye Xiu "To think it didn't even cost much?!"

Even though the two players were talking, their fingers still flew across their keyboards at dizzying speeds. The two characters were locked in fast combat.

Though Lord Grim had held the initiative, managing to lower Sad Violet's health by 20% at the start, the difference was growing lesser.

Though Sad Violet wasn't attacking as frequently as Lord Grim, each move hit accurately taking off a chunk of his health.

And.... the Pink gun was beginning to annoy Wang Jiexi.