7. Bad Morning

The weekend flew by as time does and it was now halfway into the week. It was a Wednesday morning when I was sitting in class when suddenly our form tutor had an announcement to make. 

"guys! remember tomorrow is the Christmas fun afternoon! Make sure you bring spare clothes if you're going to the disco,"

I sighed. 

Every year when it was near Christmas, our school always held a fun-afternoon and basically half the day is just a disco in the hall. It's supposed to be fun.

Usually, I don't come to school on this day but it'll ruin my record so I have to come in and attend the stupid disco. It's not even a disco it's just loud music playing and people shouting on top to make it noisier. 

How do people find it fun?

Oh yeah, because they get to have fun with their friends and no lessons. 

What if you don't have friends? What if you don't like parties?

I put my head down on the table and decided to sleep for the rest of the morning. Another thing this school did what that when it's near Christmas holidays, they let you have a free period in the morning, meaning no lessons. 

I heard people moving their tables around and getting up to sit with their friends. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I ignored it at first but then, the person kept tapping me so I looked up annoyed only to see Jaemin smirking at me.

"I haven't gotten to talk to you since that day, so, did Jeno give any more pleasure than me?" I got disgusted and didn't respond. All I did was put my head back on the table trying to ignore him. 

I heard Renjun shouting at Jaemin. 

"Yah! How dare you ask her that! Do you have no respect?" 

'so you're helping me now, huh?

[Jaemin]"And since when do you care about this thing?" he asked Renjun. 

Their conversation continued on like that and I got sick of it. It was just Jaemin indirectly calling me a toy and Renjun trying to defend me. 

I got up nonchalantly, swung my bag over my shoulder and walked off. It was a free period, right? Meaning I could walk around for a bit. 

I decided to go up to the rooftop. 

I hadn't been there in a while since Mark told me I can't go there anymore. Who does he think he is to have the right to do that? It's not his school.

When I went up to the rooftop I was surprised. There was graffiti all over the floor along with the fence-wall thing. (whatever).

I sighed. Although they ruined this place, there was nothing I could do about it. I walked over to the edge and sat on it where I always sat. Other's would be scared but I liked it. It felt free. 

The wind was blowing on my face whilst my legs dangled over the edge. 

I closed my eyes and felt the wind blowing on my face when suddenly I felt someone grab my waist from behind and they pulled me back. I let out a small gasp of surprise. 

"What are you doing?!" Jeno shouted whilst turning me around to face him. "You want to die?!" he asked.

The thing I was surprised about was...why did he care? Isn't that what he wants? Me to die? But I wasn't going to jump off anyway, I was just relaxing. 

"Speak, Y/N," his voice was demanding.

"I was just relaxing," I said in a low voice. "relaxing? What do you mean? How is that relaxing?! If you slip-" it looked like he couldn't continue his sentence. I decided to confront him.