26. The Truth

'And Y/N,' she put her hand on my shoulder. 'You should get that job, it'll be good for you since you're an adult,'

I appreciated every word she said and thanked her.

'Anyway, how's it going with you and Beomgyu, huh?' She asked teasingly, however, I didn't laugh,

I froze.
——

I opened my mouth trying to think of a way to break it to her. 'O-oh, um- well- we kinda broke up...' I avoided eye contact with her.

I heard no reaction and carefully looked at her.

She looked at me disappointed and shocked before asking, 'what happened?' with a soft voice.

I looked away again, nervous and not sure how to explain the situation.

But I had to think of something quick.

'Um, it just wasn't working out I guess...you should ask him,' I said in a rush and started fiddling with the blanket in my hands.

'Oh, don't worry, I'll talk to him,' she said softly.

Instantly I realised I made a mistake, what if it comes off to her that I cheated??

I looked up quickly catching her attention, 'wait, I think I should explain to you...'

And so, I told her what had happened. It was weird and awkward but I felt like I was talking to my mum, a feeling I would never truly experience again.
_____________________

Yea it took like a month to upload this since I've started my GCSEs (search it up) and don't have time for ANYTHING anymore but I'M TRYING!!