14. The Story's Told

(picture's not mine, credits to owner)

[Still Friday, same day]

After Beomgyu and I had closed up the shop, I quickly changed into my pyjamas and was walking up the stairs to go to my room. I heard Beomgyu coming up behind me to go to his room.

He tapped my shoulder so I stopped and turned around, confused. 'Y/N, do you think we should tell my mum about what happened today?' he asked me quietly. I thought about it. She was an adult and currently my carer. Should I tell her about it?

'I'm not sure. What do you think she will say?' I asked.

'She'll call the police of course!' I looked at him. Would she really? What if I ended up telling her the whole story? Then she would definitely call the police.

'We should,' he said. I slowly nodded. He saw that I was tense and grabbed my hand. 'Don't worry,' Beomgyu said before walking up the stairs with me and knocking on his mum's door.

'Come in, Beomgyu,' we heard Mrs Choi say. She knew it was Beomgyu and not me because I had grown used to coming in without knocking.

'Mum, we need to tell you something.' Beomgyu said as he slowly walked in. His hand was still clasped around mine.

From Mrs Choi's facial expression, which was shock and confusion, I thought she might be thinking that we started dating or something like that but we both knew that wasn't true. He let go of my hand after I came in inside.

'It's about why we took long when we went out shopping today,' he continued. Mrs Choi looked confused. We all sat down on the bed and started talking.

'Mum, there wasn't really a long queue, it was dark, barely anyone was at the Grocery shop,'

'Then why did you take long?' she finally spoke. I looked over at Beomgyu, waiting for what he was going to say. 'I decided it would be a good idea to take a short cut--'

'You didn't walk into that alleyway, did you?' she asked with a certain severeness in her voice, like she had warned Beomgyu about not going there before. I looked down and nodded.

'Beomgyu! I've told you not to go there, it's right behind an alcoholic club!' she yelled at her son.

'Mum, I'm sorry. You were right,' he apologised. 'but mum, don't worry about me, worry about Y/N,' he said and looked at me. I glanced at him before facing Mrs Choi.

'What happened to you, dear?' she asked. I took a breath in to start explaining but it wasn't coming out. I waited for a second to calm myself down. 'Some guy...came out of the club and-'

There was something stopping me from spitting out. Maybe it was the tension of the moment. 'He started...touching her up,' Beomgyu finished off for me but quietly.

'Oh my god! Are you okay Y/N?' she asked while putting a hand on my shoulder. 'Beomgyu what were you thinking about taking Y/N in there?!'

'I'm sorry, Mum! But, Y/N said she knows him,' he blurted out. 'Why did he say that?!'

'Really, Y/N? Did you know the guy?' she asked. I looked down, not sure if I should tell her and Beomgyu the truth. I sighed.

'I'm sorry, I wasn't really clear about where I came from. I think...I should tell you what actually happened to me.' I said, building up all the courage I had left.

She nodded, waiting for me to continue. Now, even Beomgyu looked interested since he didn't know anything either. I didn't have the strength to look at them whilst speaking, I kept my head down the whole time.

'It's true that before you found me, my mum had died 2 weeks before and that I had been fired from my old job but I didn't tell you everything else. I had been...held hostage for more than a month before my mum died.' I said and I heard then gasp.

'This gang had gone from bullying me in school to kidnapping me and keeping me in their basement for a month and a half. They did lots of things to me,' I sighed. It was hard to talk about this without shedding a tear or two.

'They physically hurt me and...made me bleed and they-' I got a lump in my throat from remembering the horrifying images and the physical pain. '-raped me,' I whispered.

'The whole time I was there, my mum was in the hospital. I found out that she had cancer after a month of being held captive. They let me visit her but she only had a few days left anyway. 2 weeks after her death, they used me as much as they wanted and then threw me into the streets.'

I looked up at her with tears in my eyes. 'That's why I had all these cuts and bruises on the day you found me,'

'Oh my god, come here,' Mrs Choi said pulling me in for a hug. I buried my head into her shoulder but promised my self not to cry.

'Why didn't you call the police on them?' Beomgyu asked. 'They had taken all of my belongings and broke my phone,' I said whilst breaking out of the hug from Mrs Choi.

'So is that dude one of the gang members?' Beomgyu asked. I nodded. 'We should call the police on them straight away!' said Mrs Choi.

Suddenly, a vision on Jeno came into my mind, he was behind bars. I didn't like it. I didn't want him to be behind bars, I didn't think he deserved it.

'Wait,' I said suddenly. 'There were 7 of them. 7 boys but 1 of them, he didn't...do anything,' I said quietly. 'What do you mean?' Mrs Choi asked.

'One of them, he stopped bullying me. He...helped me in a way,'

'Y/N, even if he helped you, you shouldn't trust people like that 100%,' Mrs Choi said. I nodded. 'Yea, I avoid him now in school but I don't want him behind bars, please,' I begged.

She sighed. 'It's kind of inevitable for him.' Beomgyu said. I looked over to him. 'He'll have to pay for whatever he's done in the past,'

'I don't know what he's done in the past...' I said disappointedly.

'We'll see what happens but for now, get some sleep. It's the weekend, we'll sort it tomorrow,' said Mrs Choi, clearly tired. I nodded and Beomgyu went off to his room.

We slept, which I could barely do. I kept thinking about what would happen once we told the police, a case would start and the boys would go to jail but obviously, it wasn't going to be that simple. There would be papers, files, court and other things to deal with.

I sighed. I shifted to my side and tried to fall asleep. I was tired. What was to happen next?

Sorry this one was short but uM I tried..