28. First Date

Me and Jeno were out on our first date.

I was awkwardly standing next to him as he checked the directions on his phone.

'I told it's that way!' He suddenly said looking ahead at the busy road.

'Come on,' he smiled and we crossed the road once the red light came on for the cars.

I was slightly uncomfortable as this was our
first date after all we had been through, but Jeno seemed completely fine.

We were heading towards a theme park which had opened recently.

I didn't like the idea at first since we had to pay for the rides and a lot of money was needed.

But that wasn't a problem for Jeno and he insisted.

So here we were.

We walked into the busy fair with little children screening and having fun and young teenagers hanging out with their friends.

There were giant fairground rides around us with flashing lights and loud music which really hit the eardrums.

I looked around in awe.

I had never been to such a big fair.

'Come on, where do you want to go first?' Jeno nudged me and pulled me out of my trance. 'Uhm...'

I looked around and saw a roller coaster. I'd never been to a fun fair but had always wanted to go on a roller coaster.

'That roller coaster,' I pointed towards it and Jeno just smirked.

'You wanna go on that? Didn't you say this was your first time? I thought you would pick the bumper cars or something-'

'Oh! Can we go on those next?' I asked excited.

He laughed. 'We'll see if you can survive the roller coaster first.' He said and started walking towards it.

'Hey! I can handle it, it won't be too bad right?'

'We'll see.' He laughed as we stood in line.

I looked up at the ride and started feeling nervous, yet excited.

This was my first fun fair ride! And it was with Jeno...

Finally our turn came and we payed for the tickets. I felt bad as Jeno insisted on paying but I didn't want to make a fuss.

We walked over to the entrance and waited for the ride to stop. One by one they let people on and find a place to sit.

We showed the guy our ticket and walked on.

My heart started beating fast and I got even more nervous as we sat down.

Jeno noticed and laughed. 'Scared?'

'No! Just a bit nervous. It won't go too fast right?' I said with an awkward smile on my face.

'Oh it'll be really fast, and high.'

'O-oh,' I said while Jeno laughed a bit more.

'Stop!' I playfully hit him before a man came over and pulled down the safety bar.

I held on to it quickly as the ride was about to start.

I breathed out trying not to be too obvious. 'Come on you're a grown women you can handle this. Many people have been on this ride before, man up Y/N! Man up-'

The ride started with a small thud.

I gasped and Jeno laughed at me. 'It hasn't even started moving fast yet!'