FIFTEEN

**God, take my soul to that place, where I may speak without words**~Rumi.

*****

''Get ready, we're leaving now!'' Hajiya Bilki walked into the room.

Maryam tore her teared- blinding gaze to the stagnant figure of Hajiya Bilki. Her heart jumped to her throat. She hiccuped, managing to bring her trembling hands to wipe away the overly -familiar salty liquid off her face.

Her gaze fell on the one woman she had start to trust, she had thought really cared about her. Who also did prove her wrong yet again. She didn't know how to feel or what to think anymore. There are many things running through her mind, different brutal thoughts.

Inna Saude seems to be not the only witch.

As her mind processed what the woman stood infront of her had just uttered, so did she observe her. She isn't wearing the friendly smile or rather expertly smile she commonly wore, instead her face was completely stern.

Her hard face should supposedly frighten Maryam but, it didn't in the slightest. It instead motivated her to do what was right. Stand for herself.

She suddenly felt stupid for crying the three previous hours. She could have tried running away again or, try and make the rest of the people know the truth, anything.

"I don't love him." Maryam finally broke the tensed atmosphere. Hajiya Bilki blinked, stunned by the boldness accompanying Maryam's voice.

"That is not something you should worry about." Hajiya Bilki replied, her eyes boring at Maryam's, daring her for a challenge.

It is one of the many things I am worrying about. Maryam refrained herself from screaming.

"No." She instead whispered, her voice cracking. "You don't understand what I mean, I can never love him. Never! You know that." She added.

Hajiya Bilki hissed, letting her red handbag slide down to her hand.

"Go on, pack your belongings."She said, eyeing Maryam dangerously as she beckoned to where her clothes laid.

"No, I don't want to go with you." Maryam spoke, more like pleaded.

"Pack your belongings." Hajiya Bilki repeated slowly, emphasising each word.

" No!" Maryam hollered standing up, proving to her she isn't letting go without a fight this time.

Hajiya Bilki hastly rummaged through her bag, her eyes ablaze as her hands pulled out the small flat piece of hard metal. Pointing it's glistering edge at Maryam's face.

Maryam let out an audible gasp, her widen hazel eyes moving hence and forth between the sharp point of knife infront of her face and Hajiya Bilki who grasped it.

"Now let's go." Hajiya Bilki smirked, the one filled with malice and confidence. Giving way to the pitiful reality that she's in control.

Maryam shut her eyes briefly, trying to fight back the images of her nightmares which the metal right before her yanked. She screamed, her gaze fixed at the little boy as the iron went right through his body, blood gushed out.

As she grazed her fingers slightly across her chick, she stared at the pink liquid on them. Realisation hit her as stinging pain shoots through the spot.

"Now!" Hajiya Bilki hissed again, impatiently looking at Maryam as her hand still grasps the metal which is now stained with blood. Her eyes shining with malevolence, passing the point that she could do much more worse than just leaving a scar on Maryam's cheek if she doesn't cooperate.

Hence, Maryam picked her leather bag.

Outside, Maryam spotted just a few people lurking around the compound. Most of them eating the mediocre jellof-rice from various blue plastic plates. None of them seem to be a bit aware of her presence. She walked slowly and warily, taking her time to closely observe the people around. Now that she did, all of them seem strange to her. Not a face did she recognize considering how she was always roaming around their village, either hawking, fetching water or doing other chores.

As a light but firm nudge pulled her back to reality, She noticed she had stopped walking. She needed not to turn and see who'd hit her, neither does she need to ask why.

Maryam increased her pace, each step bringing agony to her heart. Reminding her of the distance she's putting from her mother, each step reminding her of the drastic change her life is about to take.

She stared at white Toyota XV40 parked outside their house, admiring the sparkly clean vehicle. It commented new or, mayhap it hadn't been used since it was bought. She fumbled with the back door handle with trembling hands, the door was closed with a loud bang right after she'd settled in. Caging, trapping and suffocating her.

She watched quietly as Hajiya Bilki joined Alhaji Dawood who was already in a heated conversation with Inna saude. Both their faced are stretched in a frown. But Inna Saude's is first to alter when Alhaji Dawood brought our what seems to be like cash. He handed the whole notes to her to which she kneeled thanking and praising him. Soon after, Hajiya Bilki and Alhaji Dawood were back to the car and set for the still mysterious journey to Maryam.

Maryam grew tired of leaning against the car window and watching the blurry images of buildings, trees and other cars. It was mesmerizing at first, but she grew restless afterwards. Each house and car they'd pass reminding her of the annex distance she's from home. The ride was quiet, too quiet and awkward. And when she stiffened a yawn, she wholeheartedly closed her eyes and submitted for a rest but right before she became unconscious, it still remained at the back of her mind that she was heading into a new life.

"Sleeping beauty finally wakes up!" A soft but bubbly voice said beside Maryam. Hence, fully awaking her from the slumber. She blinked a few times before accessing the person beside her. She was dark skinned with thick, full brows. She had a captivating black orbs which Maryam felt lost in, she had never seen someone with such dark iris. She's slim and tall, with full pink lips and pointed nose. She's a perfect definition of black beauty and Maryam felt insecure.

Maryam stared perplexed at the complete stranger whom she definitely fell asleep to her absence. The car was still in motion, moving in a very fast speed which is controlled by non other than Alhaji Dawood. Maryam glanced at him, he looked calm as ever. Donating all his attention to the job in hand.

"Forgive me. Uhh where are my manners? I'm Zainab Kabir. But you can call me Zeenah!" Maryam was jerked out from her little world. It took her some seconds to process what Zeenah had said, thus she nod her head at her.

"Not a person of words. Are you?" Zeenah giggled. "Aren't you gonna tell me your name?" She added.

"Maryam Kabir " Maryam muttered, too weak to return the smile.

"Awww look at that! We have the same last name, come here dear sister!" She off guardedly engulfed Maryam in a hug. Wrapping her arms around her and patting her back, Maryam shut her eyes finding the situation entirety uncomfortable. But she couldn't deny that the embrace isn't warm and friendly.

Hence, after much contemplation, she slowly wrapped her own arms around her.

*****

Assalamu Alaikum!
I appologize for the long wait which is partially because I'm lazy and partially because I was busy.

Happy New Year! Wishing you a year filled with happiness and love 💕

New character! Is Zeenah a friend or foe?. Should we trust her ??

Do vote and Send me your incredible thoughts on this chapter. ❤

Edited by qu33n_leemah,Thank you ❤

Aeeeshatuhxx