She-Hulk's Office

Miss Walters' office was small, overlooking the New York skyline. There was a neat rectangular desk, a swivel chair and an ultra-modern Mac computer. It didn't look anything too amazing, to be honest, but I was in the office of a superhero!

"Hi, my name is Jennifer Walters," she said kindly, sitting at her desk. "Have a seat, please."
I sat, staring at her, mesmerised. Her arms were huge. She could pulverise me with one punch.
"I'm a lawyer, and, in the world of superheroes, I'm known as She-Hulk, the leader of the all-female Avengers known as the A-Force. I also have a famous green cousin, Bruce Banner."

"Now, you're Amanda Roling. Parents died when you were seven when Thanos attacked. Lived with your grandfather until today, when he was killed in a comet crash. Probably one in a million chance of happening."
I sat, silently.
"The radiation killed everybody within half a mile of the crash site, apart from you. You contracted a higher form of radiation poisoning, and now, you have higher levels of kinetic energy in your body. We believe that this should increase your reflexes, speed, strength, and maybe some kind of energy manipulation or flight."

She paused. "We can't help you discover this unless you sign a disclaimer saying that you accept the women of the A-Force - Carol Danvers, Jeniffer Walters, Nico Minoru, Singularity, Medusalith Amaquelin-Boltagon and Alison Blaire - as your legal guardians, and that you, as of today, join the A-Force."

I paused. My brain was going into overload. Flight? Energy manipulation? Joining the Avengers? Being adopted by them? This was crazy.

I exhaled and nodded with a small smile.
"Okay. Where do I sign?"

Miss Walters smiled.