Questions Unanswered

Miss Walters led me to her office in silence. I was so confused! Had I done something wrong? Were the A-Force in trouble for taking me in? So many questions, so much fear.

We sat at her desk like we had last time, but this time the atmosphere was very, very different. Cold. Stoic.
"Amanda, please tell me your parents' names." She said slowly and clearly.
"Claire and Julian Roling," I replied easily. She already knew this.
"Amanda," Miss Walters sighed, not unkindly. "Claire and Julian Roling don't exist. So, I ask you again: who are your parents?"

"Claire and Julian Roling," I insisted. I knew who my parents were, or, at least, who they had been. They had raised me and loved me, so I definitely knew their names. And I knew they were real.
"Amanda, please," Miss Walters urged. "We can't trust you unless you're telling the truth."
"I am!" I persisted, and shrugged. "Why would I lie?"
"I don't know," Miss Walters sighed. "But you are. There are no records of them or you even having parents. And I would like to find out why. I'm sorry, Amanda, but you're going to have to stay in your room for a while."

Jennifer stood up and led me from her office with a firm hand on my shoulder. Tears pricked my eyes as we headed for my room, and I burned with fear and indignation. What was happening?