Questions... Still Unanswered

I was so confused. Why couldn't they find my parents? They were real. I know they were. How couldn't they be?

Miss Walters left me alone in my room. Slowly, I took a bottle of water from my fridge and sat at my desk. Then, I began to cry.

I'd lost my parents, then my grandpa, and it was like losing my parents all over again. Why couldn't they be found?

Determined to find answers, I opened up Google and searched 'Julian and Claire Roling'. If the Avengers or SHIELD couldn't find my parents in their database, why would I be able to find them on Google? Still, it was worth a try.

There were a million results. I scrolled through a list of obituaries, Facebook profiles, university graduates, news reporters, minor celebrities and doctors. Dozens of people with their names, but none with their face.

Instead, I searched "victims of Thanos invasion 2018". I clicked on the first list that came up, and my heart skipped and a beat.

There were hundreds of names - helpfully in alphabetical order - and pictures with each one. Strangely enough, I didn't have to scroll all the way to the 'R' section. For some reason, they were in the the B's under the names Archie and Amelie Barrix. Barrix? Um, what?

I immediately went back on Google, and searched their names. This time the results all said the same thing: Archie and Amelie Barrix, my parents, were Kree invaders.