Nighttime

Miss Minoru took me to my new room. It as amazing: bigger than our whole apartment back at Wetherbloom.

The bed was a huge, white thing that took up most of the middle of the room, and their a was a long white desk and computer against one wall. There were cool framed mandala designs and textbooks on the walls and a massive hanging mirror opposite.

"I'm down the hall if you need anything," Miss Minoru said with a smile. She was quite young, probably only four or five years older than me.
"Thanks, Miss Minoru," I smiled weakly.
"Call me Nico." She smiled her pretty smile, and left, closing the door softly behind her.

I walked slowly over to my bed. My bed. I felt so out of place, then collapsed into the soft mess and dissolved into tears. This should have been amazing, but grandpa was dead. I was the last one left.

After I while, I sat up and decided to explore. I stood up and took my jacket and woolen jumper off, and walked to the shelves. Hm. Interesting stuff, but still kind of boring. Instead, I went to the wardrobe. It was huge, and there was a shelf full of just socks. I felt uncomfortable and so stood in the corner as I changed into a pair of red pyjamas with a large purple 'A' printed in the middle.

I was kinda bored then and kinda hungry, and despite the late hour, wide awake. I looked around for a while and found a mini fridge full of coca-cola and ice-cream, and took out a can of coke, then went to the desk. The computer was already logged in and I immediately went on Google to look for a comet crash. Nothing. Hm. Strange. Were the A-Force trying to cover it up?

A mystery for another time. Right now, I had a massive room and a fully stocked fridge to explore.