Neighbors.

"Come on, Joey! I can't carry this box all on my own..." The woman held in her hands a cardboard box that seemed to weigh 400lbs. Her husband walked in and quickly aided his wife in carrying the large box into the moving truck. The couple brought the last few boxes out and closed the door, making the inside of the truck disappear.

"Well Harriot, are you ready to start this new chapter of our lives?" The husband put his arm around the shoulder of his wife as they gazed upon their old house.

"I guess so... I'm a little scared though." She sighed as she put her hands on her hips.

"Oh come on, its exciting! Who knows what will happen at the new house. Maybe... Even a baby?" The womans eyes widened at the sudden change in subject. She broke from his arm and met his hopeful eye.

"A baby..." She took a moment to process. "M-maybe..." She replied, a bit flustered, and went to lock up the old house.

-

As they drove up to their new home, a woman caught Harriots eye. She had bright red hair, which was cut up to her shoulders. Her stomach was rather large, but only in one place, so she assumed she was expecting. She looked as if she was outside by chance due to her sudden interest in a moving truck. She looked familiar.... Once they left their car the red haired woman almost screamed. "Harriot?!" As if she heard the voice just yesterday, the wife's eyes lit up and a large grin grew on her face.

"Jocelyn!?" Harriot put down the box she was holding and ran to her, giving a large hug to the other woman. "How long has it been? 10 years!?"

"Jesus that makes me feel so old." The woman slightly laughed. She peered over Harriots shoulder and looked at her husband. "You finally settled down??" The two shared a light chuckle as they looked back the male, who was now smiling awkwardly towards the women.

"Yeah... Josephs been a good man." Harriot put her hand on her hip as she sighed. "But I cant believe I bought a house right next to you! How do I not even know?"

"Well to be fair we lost touch after my wedding. What even happened, you just stopped responding to my texts?" Jocelyn rested her palm on her pertruding stomach.

"Oh y'know...I met Joseph and we spent a lot of time together. Life just works in mysterious ways." A silence fell over the two as they watched the husband carry a few boxes into the new home. "I better help him, we can catch up later ok?" Jocelyn nodded and hugged her friend before walking into her own home.
-

2 years later

Harriot smiled and turned off her phone, rubbing her lower stomach as she stood from her sitting position

Harriot smiled and turned off her phone, rubbing her lower stomach as she stood from her sitting position. She was finally gonna be a mother.

-

"God Harriot she's so beautiful! Whats her name?" Jocelyn cooed at the small child. Her own child standing by her side as he glared down at the infant. Brandon, Jocelyn's son, had a menacing stare that even the adults felt a little uneasy.

"(Y/n). Joey really liked it and I think its beautiful." Harriot was in the middle of catching up on work she had gained from her leave. "Hey Jocelyn can you help me with something, it'll only take a minute."

"Yup." The female stood up and looked to her own son. "Brandon watch the baby ok?" He nodded slowly and looked at the baby as his mother walked away. (Y/n) looked up at him with big eyes. She was sucking on a pacifier... Brandon was jealous. He was recently taken off his pacifier and he was not too happy about it. He stood there for a second until (Y/n) reach out to him, making small grabby hands. He moved quick and grabbed the pacifier out the baby's mouth, and dropped it on the floor. After processing what had happened she began to tear up and bursted into a fit. The two older woman quickly looked over to see Brandon innocently picking up the pacifier and look up at them.

"It fell." He simply stated before giving it a single wipe and popped it back into the baby's mouth. The two gave each other a glance before going back to Harriots work. Brandon looked at (Y/n) with what she felt was hatred as she calmed down and looked back at him.

-

Alright boys I promised this so here I the new book. Another year, another birthday, another book! Yup its my birthday again fellas they just don't stop... Hope y'all enjoy this story, and enjoy ur day while I have multiple existential crisis(es) cause I'm getting old :D