What a surprise!

~FlAsHbAcK~

After Key club the group left the building and hung out until Brandon arrived to walk home with Genevieve. They were all laughing at a joke when he arrived. "I wonder what's so funny!" He tried to sound as sweet as he could, but anything he says only comes off as he truly means it to come off: sarcastic.

Genevieve squealed and ran up to him, trying to give him a kiss but he turned his head away and picked her up in a hug. She'd been trying to get a kiss from him ever since she started dating him, because it was going to be her first. But every time she tried he would push her away, or laugh It off and change the subject. She didn't want to push it, but she was becoming anxious. The groups atmosphere dropped as it usually did when he arrived, and they all began to disperse. (Y/n) and Jackson were about to close their doors when Genevieve ran up to (Y/n)'s with a puppy lip. "Whats up...? Is it that I didn't give you a hug?" She played dumb knowing exactly what she wanted, but didn't want to do what she feared it was.

"Pwease (Cutesy version of your name)? Can we please get a ride home?" She pulled up her hands in order to beg. Brandon came up behind her and copied her action, secretly giving (Y/n) a sinister look in the eye. She didn't know what was going to make her throw up more; Brandon's begging, or the fact that he'll be in the car with her.

"Gen..." She looked into her friends eyes. Something inside her ached, and it was a familiar pain from when she was being forced to apologize to Brandon way back when. She didn't want to disappoint her best friend, but she knew both her AND Jackson were not comfortable with Brandon. He didn't like him for what he did to them when they were walking home. She peered over to Jackson, who had a 'I really don't want to' look in his eye. She looked back to Genevieve, who was starting to wimper. After only a few seconds on the whimpering she cracked. "Sure! He is my neighbor after all..."

"YAY!!! Thank you (Y/n)~" She sqeezed her way through the front of the trunk to the back. While Jackson looked out his window in annoyance, and Genevieve was distracted with celebrating, Brandon gave a devious grin towards (Y/n) and winked his eye at her. She felt her body fill with gooseflesh as she closed the door, visibly shaking.

They drove home in slight silence, as (Y/n) looked down and out her window in shame while Genevieve and Brandon's laughter filled the silent truck.

~FlAsHbAcK eNd~

"What! Why can't Genevieve go, she's not HORRIBLE in math!" Connor whined over the phone.

"Connor I'm sick, please just do this for me once..." She tried to hold back from gagging, it had appeared the guilt and fear she felt yesterday really got under her skin. How she was able to hold it in all afternoon truly surprised her. "Please... I'll make it up to you."

The red headed boy sighed and fkae rolled his eyes. "Fine! I hope you feel better, I'm gonna miss you at lunch!" They shared a goodbye and hug up the phone. (Y/n) began her rounds of 'I'm not coming to school today' texts and went to bed after cleaning up.

-

Genevieve barely made it to the table before dropping into her seat and putting her head on the table. "Today has been so freaking BORING guys I miss (Y/n)."

"That's quite a surprise coming from you." Beth spoke leaving the table to silently agree.

"Whats that supposed to mean?" She put her head up, and began to eat whatever food she liked from her tray.

"Well you haven't really even spoken to (Y/n) recently without mentioning Brandon, you know she doesn't like him."

Genevieve felt the guilt seeping in as she realized the truth in her statement. "But.. I thought she was supposed to support me, and be happy for me. I support her and Jackson." The take went silent, not wanting to continue the conversation anymore. After a few seconds they began their talking and eating until the bell rang. The three left and Genevieve and Connor were left to talk and eat. After a few minutes of a very in depth conversation about whether or not its legally ok to tell a dad joke at a funeral, Genevieve's vision went black.

"Its me~" Brandon cooed as he took away her hands before she could guess. Genevieve's whole attitude lifted when he sat down with Chris, who was actually a little bummed he just missed Lainy.

"Hi Brandy~" Connor rolled his eyes and stuffed the last remaining bits of food in his mouth.

"Hello Genny, Connor, how are you two?" Brandon was holding back his laughter, which was becoming hard when Genevieve answered back whole-heartedly to his question. He acted sweet with friends around, but never did he act this way after school. As mentiomed before, he won't let her kiss him. However his wall did not stop there. The most Genevieve could do with him was snuggle him, and even then the only attention he would show after that is wrapping his arm around her neck loosely and slowly tightening his grip until.he realized he was about to choke her. She was oblivious, and took this as "just his way of showing affection!" Lunch went on for what seemed like forever to Connor before he left and went to his class. The was going by a little too quick for his liking, and he assumed it was because of what was about to happen after school. Why did he have to get stuck with this? Beth is a grade above them, and she even passed with a 90 average! He knew that at some point it was going to happen, and wasn't opposed to helping, but he didn't want it to be someone he barely knew! What if its someone cute, and he's going to show up to his house looking beat up from the school day.

-

Connor walked to the address, which wasn't too now far thanks to one of his friends outside of the group giving him a ride to their house, which was on the way to where he was heading. The neighborhood was nice and quiet, and the houses seemed pretty middle to high middle class. He finally arrived at the door and knocked it, waiting for the owner to open it. He heard a few bangs and a small grunt before the door slowly opened, revealing a pale, blonde male, who was shorter than him. He had a grin on his face showing his two silver teeth. Once the two made eye contact however, the males smile faded and his heart dropped as he realized he was not looking at (Y/n), but a male who appeared to bigger and physically older than himself, though he doubted that he was older. All he knew was that last time he checked, (Y/n) was not a male.

~