Behind Closed Doors.

Warning: There is no lemon, but there are very suggestive scenes in this chapter. This can also be triggering if you've been in an abusive relationship, so if you want to, just skip the flashback.

~Flashback~

"Genevieve." The girl perked up at the sound of her name rolling off her boyfriend's tongue. It was dripping with lust... was it about to happen? Was he going to take her then and there?

"Y-yes, Brandy?" She turned to see him closer than expected, and a nervous smiled made itself apparent on her face.

"No, no names." He grabbed her wrists and her heart skipped a beat. 'OH MY GOD OH MY GOD IT'S GONNA HAPPEN!' She screamed in her head, her heart was about to burst. He inched towards her ear and spoke in a flat voice. "Do you love me?" Her heart stopped and was suddenly filled with confusion.

"Wh-what? Of course I do! Why wou-" He pulled back and faced her, making her knees weak... But not from need. She was feeling something new: fear. His eyes were dark, but not the way she wanted, he looked angry at her. He looked like was going to kill her on the spot.

"Genevieve, tell me right now, do you love me?" The corner of his mouth was curling slightly. Was he enjoying this?

"Yes Brandon..." She didn't think, she couldn't.

"Say it right or I'll punish you." She was at a loss for words, she thought that phrase would excite her, but it only struck fear in the pit of her stomach.

"I-I love you, Brandon." He smiled and loosened his grip on her wrists.

"Good, then I want you to prove it to me." He turned around, which made her fear what his next moves were. A million things raced in her mind of what could happen next, but all she could hear was the sound of her heart racing. "I want you to make your friends, and all those around you, to know how much you love me. I want to be the only thing on your mind, the only subject you talk about. I want them to know, because frankly, I don't think they know." Genevieve was confused, she talked about him all the time to her friends, but she wasn't going to let him believe she didn't love him. She was going to prove that she loved him, though she hoped her friends weren't going to hate her.

~Flashback end~

A few days had passed since Valentine's day, and almost everyone in the group could not stop thinking about their evenings with their significant otbers. Lainy told them about how Chris brought her to see a movie she had been dying to see, though it had always been sold out. Connor wouldn't stop talking about his night with "Andrew" and how he loved his food and how his parents were actually really nice to him, and open to the fact that he had a boyfriend. (Y/n) had a wonderful night with Jackson, which occupied her mind since it occurred. He had confessed afterwards that he had gotten a huge tip from Genevieve, and a certain little list of (Y/n)'s, to get an idea of what to put in the box. She was still blushing over it.

Surprisingly, Genevieve was rather quiet about her Valentine's Evening. They group had tried to pry it out of her, but all she would say is that her and Brandon spent the night together. Everytime she spoke it was only to relate whatever was going on to Brandon. "Oh Brandon likes that!" "Brandon's coming over tonight!"  "Brandon had that Teacher..." They weren't fazed them in the beginning, she usually talked about him whenever the go run got together for lunch. However, they all began to catch on when she would also only bring him up when having one on ones with her. Everyone was beginning to get annoyed, and it had even come to a point where they had begun to slightly worry if she was up to something. She realized that everyone was catching on and stopped talking at lunch all together.

"Sometimes I wish we just didn't have to take tests." Connor spoke as the whole table agreed. "I mean, if our classes were based solely on whether or not ee did our homework, took notes, and did projects then I would be on Cloud nine!"

"Yeah but thats because most of the stuff outside of tests aren't graded on accuracy!" (Y/n) objected. "I'm not saying tests are necessary, I hate them, but they are the only thing nowadays making sure we actually retain the knowledge... Until we take em them forget it all."

"Yeah.. This system is so screwed up I don't remember anything after finishing tests." Beth admitted. The table discussion went on until it was time for Beth, Allison, and Lainy to leave.

"Ok, now that they are gone I can say this without feeling bad." Connor said as he turned towards the two females. "I really wish Andrew went here, I miss him so much!"

"I feel ya on that one, Jackson's been busy for the past week! I haven't been able to get my extra time with him!" (Y/n) felt a little odd talking about him like this, she was never one to speak about missing him. The two looked over to Genevieve who was silently eating her food. The two had started the conversation in hopes she would jump on the opportunity to talk about Brandon, but she stayed out of it. "Gen... Are you ok?" (Y/n) finally asked after looking at her blank expression.

"Huh?" She looked up to see her friends looking at her. "Oh I'm ok..." She quickly looked around to check if Brandon was coming, though it was hard to see through the students. "Actually... I'm not all that fin-" She stopped once she felt an arm wrap around her. Her mood did a 180 and she squealed out her boyfriend's name. "Brandy!" She hugged him. "Sorry I was so quiet guys I just missed him so much!" She giggled and kissed his cheek. (Y/n) stared at the two, knowing something was up, but she knew how Genevieve felt about her saying things to her. It didn't help that she still felt bad about New Year's, even though it was months ago. Her resolution was to try and stop caring about their relationship.

"Well you could've hopped into our conversation about missing our boyfriends, Gen." Connor called her out, making her worry.

"She was just so heartbroken, weren't you Gen?" Brandon interrupted before Genevieve could respond. He tightened his grip on her waist as he went in to make out with her in front of her friends. The two sighed and said goodbye as they walked out of the cafeteria together. Brandon pulled away and stared at Genevieve who was dazed by habit. She quickly snapped out of it and looked at Brandon. "We'll talk about this later." He smiled and began to eat.

Genevieve's POV-

I sat on Brandon's bed as he laid next to me. I was texting (Y/n) about the homework and anything else just to avoid thinking about what happened. "So what was that act you pulled at lunch? You're not talking to your friends now?" Brandon's voice made its way to my ears. He sounded concerned, which confused me.

"Well... They were getting mad at me for only talking about you, Brandy. They already don't like our relationship." I felt embarrassed to say it, but I knew how they felt. At first I was mad, I always thought; 'Why can't they just be happy for me?' But I know only talking about your significant other is annoying, I hated when people did it to me when I didn't have anyone.

"Aw, Genny I'm sorry." My eyes widened as I turned to face him. He never acted this way, and to hear him apologize? It must've meant that he actually felt bad! "I was just feeling a little insecure that day, not to mention I had a rough last period class and I was just in such a bad mood. I didn't mean to scare you, and I'm so sorry that your friends acted that way towards you talking about me. It hurts to know they they don't like me..." He sat up and his face was full of remorse.

"No Brandy, they don't feel that way!" I hugged him. "They're just cautious of new people, yknow?" I pulled away to see him smiling at me. "It doesn't matter what the others think! I love you, and that will never change."

"Thank you, Genny..." He hugged me and I finally felt like a weight had been lifted off me. I felt secure in his arms, like nothing was going to get in the way of our relationship.

Third POV-

The couple sat on the bed as they hugged. Unbenounced to Genevieve, Brandon was smirking at how gullible she was. He knew that scaring her more was only going to make her eventually tell (Y/n), and that would just become an obstacle in his way.

~