Valentine Surprise!

~Flashback~

The two young middle schoolers sat in (Y/n)'s room as they watched TV. In the show that they were watching, a man had just proposed to a girl with a diamond ring, and said that he would buy her a diamond for every day that he loved her. "I want someone to do that for me!" Gen yelled as she flopped down on the bed.

"Genny thats not very realistic!" Her friend muttered, as she was too focused on the suspension building up from the scene.

"What're you saying, that there would be none, cause no one would ever love me for that long?" The girl accused. The two giggled, knowing she was only joking by the tone on of her voice.

"No no, the boys in our area are just not rich to buy diamonds. They aren't even smart enough to understand love!"  The two burst into childish laughter. "Y'know, I just want someone that'll like me. Someone who will treat me nicely, not ask for me milk at lunch, take a cute picture with me... and maybe buy me candy every once and a while!" The two laughed again as they continued to watch the show. After it finished, Gen got an idea.

"Hey, (Nickmane), how bout we make a list of what we want in a boyfriend? Like what he looks like, how he'll act and what to buy us when he makes us mad!" (Y/n) loved that idea and ran to a draw to get some paper. She grabbed one for Gen and the two started writing away as the TV continued to play. After a few minutes they finished and went over their lists. "I want a boy with red hair, grey-ish blue eyes, sort of sarcastic but his cuteness makes up for it, and-" She stopped when she realized (Y/n) was staring at her. She smiled, knowing she caught on. "W-what... I'm just describing my dream guy!"

"Thats obviously that thing living next door to me!" Her friend exclaimed as she glares toward the wall that fcaed toward Brandon's house.

"Hey, you have your men, I have mine! What's on your list anyway?"

"Well, for starters he needs to be taller than me. He has to be nice to me, like give me kisses and not steal my cookie during lunch like some people!" The girl shot a glare at her friend who laughed in returned. "I want him to actually like me, not be with me with a catch... Yknow?" Gen nodded. "And if he so happened to buy me candy or food once in a while that would be very much appreciated!" The girl finished and looked at her friend.

"And you say my wishes are unrealistic!" Genevieve fake scoffed. The two laughed and decided to read the other person's letter so that it wouldn't be so tempting to open before long.

~Flashback end~

(Y/n) walked into the History classroom to see students buzzing around and the teacher half asleep. She looked over to see Jackson's glowing smile and her whole mood lifted. He really was something else, what did she do to deserve him? She walked closer, unable to control the wide smile creeping onto her face. "Why hello there, happy Valentines Day, babe!" He stood and gave her a peck on the lips before sitting with her. She giggled.

"Happy Valentine's Day to you too! What is this?" The girl didn't hesitate to pull out the key. He looked down and pulled a confused look.

"A key? Never seen that key in my life" He obnoxiously fake lied. "Looks fancy tho!"

"Oh, come on, Jackson! Your friend gave it to me! Said you wanted me to have it sometime during the day."

"Oh, what friend? I don't have friends!" He smiled and turned around, to which he was pulled back to face his girlfriend. Her gaze made him melt and he finally cracked. "Alright! Alright, it's a key to my heart." He smiled, which sort of felt once (Y/n) burst into laughter. "What?"

"I said that!" The girl replied rather loudly. "I askes if that was it when I got it, we have the same brain!" (Y/n) couldn't stop laughing at how spot on she had been. Soon after the teacher actually started to work and they were forced to stop talking, though to be honest (Y/n) felt a little sad that's all that key was. It was a nice, sweet, funny, gift but had that really been it? A gag and a card?

-

The end of the day neared and everyone began to pack. (Y/n) and Jackson already planned to go to her house to spend the rest of the day together. Her parents actually really liked Jackson, though they were a little sad she never dated Brandon. The bell rang and the couple made their to Jackson's truck. He walked up to the backdoor and opened it for her. "Huh? You want me to sit in the back...?" She asked, and he nodded yes. She looked at him in pure confusion, and after some hesitation she walked to the back of the car. She stopped when she saw a medium sized box on the seat with her name on it. "What is this...?" She asked.

"Hm, I wonder. How did that get there? Open it and see who what it is!" Jackson was beaming, his whole face was scrunched up from his ear to ear smile. The girl took the box into her hand, and saw that there was a lock on it.

"Really?" She asked in a cautious tone, then took out the key he gave her. She stuck the key in and turned it, hearing a click and then finally she was able to open it. Her eyes met with an assortment of items; a teddy bear holding a heart with her name on it, a box of her favorite candy, a small jewelry box, and a receipt. Her eyes began to fill with tears. "Jackson..." She looked at him with water eyes, she swore that at that moment she was in love with this man. "I can't believe you got all of this... How- I-" He was beaming at her state, he knew she was happy. "Jackson, I love it. I- I love you!" Her eyes widened at the statement, sure she's said it about a million times to Genevieve and maybe its slipped out a time or two before but this one just... Felt real. His eyes suddenly widened as well and he was now flustered.

"I... I love you too, (Y/n)." He was going to cry, but he laughed and shut the door. "Come on, that receipt is proof of our Dinner reservation on that new fancy restaurant that opened up." The two laughed and entered the car before driving out of the now almost empty parking lot.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me..." A voice broke through the silencing parking lot.

"What's wrong, Brandy?" Genevieve walked up next to the male and wrapped her arm around him. He had to wait for her to grab something in the school, but he had witnessed the whole love scene in front of him. He looked down at her with a clouded vision. He could only see red, as he was about to explode.

"Nothing."

~