epilogue | part 1

epilogue | part 1
i love you.

WHILE THE SPELLMAN'S brainstorm ways to kill the Dark Lord, Selene heads down to the basement to astral project to the Academy of Unseen Arts to check on Prudence

WHILE THE SPELLMAN'S brainstorm ways to kill the Dark Lord, Selene heads down to the basement to astral project to the Academy of Unseen Arts to check on Prudence. But instead of astral projecting to where Prudence is, she finds herself outside of her father's office.

Not seeing Prudence in sight, she gingerly opens the doors to her father's office to find her father. Judas and Leticia are sitting in their cradles a few feet away as he packs various objects into a suitcase. She gives him a skeptical look, wondering what he's doing. She has no idea what he's done to the rest of the coven. "Where are you going?"

"The Dark Lord's here in Greendale," he states, only for her to give him a look that says that's not exactly old news. "He threatened this family, so we must go."

"So you're running like a coward?" She raises an eyebrow, remembering all of the times he'd drilled into her head that cowardice wasn't an honorable way to live. And that Blackwoods aren't cowards.

"This isn't about being a coward. This is about the fact that that Dark Lord would raise that brat above us all!" Faustus snaps angrily, but Selene doesn't flinch since she's not afraid of her father anymore. "You would have me bow down to a Spellman whore?"

She rolls her eyes at them, having grown used to his sexist terms. He then smiles at his babes, looking at them like they're the only things that matter to him. "The four of us in this room and Prudence are the only ones who matter now. There is but one path for us, and we are following it out of Greendale, tonight."

Selene bites down on her tongue to keep from yelling at him. She's sick of people telling her what path she must take.

"I'm not going," Selene decides, taking a few steps towards her father so that she's close to his face. She looks him dead in the eye, and he realizes that after all this time, she's made her decision between the Blackwood's and the Spellman's. "A long time ago, you told me I'd have to make a decision. This family or the Spellman's. But I'm not choosing between these families. I'm choosing Sabrina over you, because you're not my father. You haven't been for a long time. You're a monster."

"I am your father-"

"You were my father," she corrects him, feeling tears pool in her eyes. Him being a monster doesn't make this any easier. He's still the only parent that's been there for her since she was a small child. "But you're not the same man you once were."

"Leaving me means leaving them," Faustus clarifies, glancing at his two babies, her half-siblings. Two innocent children, who never wanted any of this.

Faustus then notices a psychopomp land on his windowsill and his eyes widen in realization. "You're astral projecting."

"Yes," she nods, glaring at him in hatred. "And if I wasn't, I'd kill you right now. You can run all you want, but that doesn't mean I won't find you. And when I do, I'm gonna make sure you pay for your sins."